Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Need help!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 09:00 AM
patryk333

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help!!!!!

hello i need help i choosing my first nitro rc car, could you please give me some advice.
thank you
Old 11-23-2014, 06:14 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Please read the sticky thread about resources for the beginner. Or read below.

Choosing the right RC vehicle for you.

By ae_racer40
Although RC cars and trucks are a very fun and rewarding hobby, picking the right car or truck for you will maximize the fun and make you more likely to continue with this great hobby.

Where do you plan to run your car or truck? do you live somewhere in the urban jungle, or miles out of town? You don't want to buy a touring car or other street car if you live on a farm. There won't be anywhere to drive it, and you'll get bored quickly. Try to match your purchase with where you plan to run it. Monster trucks would be a good all around choice, because you can drive them anywhere, dirt or street.

Do you plan to ever race? If you do, save yourself some money now and go ahead and get a raceworthy vehicle now, rather trying to upgrade it into one later. Be careful though, racing your RC car can be very addictive!

What is your skill level? Are you a basic beginner or a seasoned pro? Alot of RC veterans seem to like building their cars and trucks, while newbies seem to like the Ready-To-Run vehicles. Whatever you choose, don't be afraid to ask questions at the hobby shop, or at the track. Be sure to ask the guy behind the counter if there is anything else needed to run your new car or truck. You don't want to have to drive all the way back, do you? The sophistication of today's RC cars is only surpassed by their ease of use. Some cars and trucks are literally "plug and play". That means that all you have to do is plug in a battery and go drive it.

Whatever you choose, be sure to give it a little thought. it will pay off in fun later!

Have fun and go drive!

First have a limit you want to spend. I have to ask about hobby shops that are nearby. If there is one, I would suggest getting a vehicle that the hobby shop supplies parts for, unless you don't mind waiting at home, with your new found addiction, for parts to arrive in the mail. If no hobby shop around, I would get something from Tower Hobbies/Omni Models, only because small parts shipping is 1.99 and customer support is the best. The parts (in stock) arrive relatively fast from their warehouses. Horizon Hobby is also great if you choose a brand that Tower Hobbies doesn't sell. I use Tower/Omni for 90% of parts I can't find/get on eBay.

Just do a little research and read some reviews of those products. Spending a little time on the web and highlight the features YOU WANT the most. That will go a long way with easing your mind that you made the right choice.

Will need additional info to narrow down a selection.

Last edited by RustyUs; 11-23-2014 at 06:18 PM.
Old 11-23-2014, 06:32 PM
RustyUs

Sorry in advance if you had RC cars before. It's hard to tell what is a good starting point from your post.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:10 AM
patryk333

thank you for answers.
i live in town but i have a big park 500m away so there is space to run my rc car.
i want to spend around 150 pounds.
i do not think about racing at the momment.
thank you
Old 11-26-2014, 06:58 AM
RustyUs

I haven't had any nitro vehicles to give first hand accounts of any performance.
You said about a park to run a vehicle at.. I'm assuming you want to go off-road with something like a truck/buggy?
Have you ever had a RC before?
150 GBP = $236 US dollars. If you plan on a Ready To Run vehicle, your choices are going to be slim with that amount you want to spend.
1/10th scale 1/8th scale?
Old 11-28-2014, 01:00 PM
patryk333

yes i am thinking about a a buggy or a monster truck, and yes i never had a nitro rc before.
my budget is £150-£200, and i would want a 1/10th scale
thank you
Old 11-28-2014, 07:05 PM
RustyUs

Check out Model Sport UK
The Thunder Tiger looks kinda cool.
Just do a little research and look at some reviews.
Or maybe post in the Nitro ST thread where somebody probably could give better insight to a good inexpensive nitro truck. I used to always want a nitro truck back in the day before LiPos and brushless motors. I like the smell of the exhaust.

Last edited by RustyUs; 11-28-2014 at 07:11 PM.