Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Twisted with a Twister

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 06:07 PM
micah11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twisted with a Twister

Ah, just got back into rc again, and I've gotta say, It feels great. Picked up a Redcat Twister XB Pro, and charged up the El-cheapo Nimh battery included, and proceeded to do donuts in my garage, as there's some snow outside right now. Couldn't get a good feel for the speed in the garage, maybe 20mph? I'd like more. I'm trying to be as cheap as possible, (hence the reason for a Redcat), and get some Lipos. Just 2S for now, and maybe 3S later, if I feel brave. I like the Venom lipos, and really dig the multi-connector system on them. The Cat came with those red Banana connectors on it. Figure I can just buy one of these and I should be good. Now, on to the charger. Do those Imax B6 copies on Ebay have a really horrible reputation? There's one on there for $40 and comes with a year warranty. It's not the SkyRC version. Any other ideas for a cheap lipo setup? I'd like to spend around $80-$90.

Also: Any idea on how to program the Lansu 90a ESC that comes with it? I have a Hobbywing 35a manual, and the Lansu's beeps don't match up with it's chart.

Last edited by micah11; 12-12-2014 at 06:09 PM.
Old 12-13-2014, 03:23 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

For general use Hobbyking T682 AC, Turnigy dlux, X100, iMax B6AC are good choices. I use a copy of the iMaxB6AC 80 watt charger and are also high on my list of recomendations. They come in many similar shapes; same specs; same 4 button programing flow, but with different ink printed on them (re-branded).

Most have the internal balancing ports built into the side of charger and some have an external individual cell connector board, like the Thunder AC680. I had 4 of the B6AC80, but I sold one because the two that get used daily haven't given me any problems. One is kept for a spare.

Edit: I now see that the dlux, and X100 chargers are no longer sold. The prices I saw last week must have reflected a dicontinued product or a liquidation of those chargers.... my bad.

Attached Images      

Last edited by RustyUs; 12-14-2014 at 07:20 AM.
Old 12-13-2014, 04:12 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by micah11
Also: Any idea on how to program the Lansu 90a ESC that comes with it? I have a Hobbywing 35a manual, and the Lansu's beeps don't match up with it's chart.
Give Redcat an email about a manual. I couldn't find one for part number E186 ESC. You would think they would have it in the buggy manual.
Old 12-13-2014, 02:36 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I want to say that the lansu can be programed by the ezrun card...but that it doesn't have as many adjustable features as the ezrun. Could be wrong tho....it has been a couple years since I had a twister pro.

speed, even on the nimh, should be about 25mph. But as you know, those nimh packs are pretty lame.

I have a thunder AC6 ($50) charger that does everything most RC hobbiests need a charger to do. The Imex B6 is basically the same unit. I got my Thunder AC6 from hobbypartz.com. I had a Imex b6 in the past, but my Thunder AC6 has lasted longer.

I have a Onyx 2s 5000mah 30c lipo I bought from tower hobbies last spring....used it about 60 times thus far and it works great.
I have also used Skylipo brand and Gens ace brand lipos from hobbypartz.com. Great packs for the $.

It would be a good idea to buy some extra front bulkhead parts for your twister. The front bulkhead is the one weak area on that truck/buggy. You will also find that you will wear down the rear tires fast if doing donuts on pavement. I think team associated B3 and T3 wheels work (pin style wheels, not 12mm hex)
Old 12-18-2014, 11:24 AM
micah11

Planning on picking up an Imax B6 copy charger sometime soon. Redcat email support sent me an EzRun ESC manual, didn't seem all that different from mine, but it's chart matched up perfectly. What aluminum upgrades should I get for parts that break easily? Also, how do you get to the diff on this thing? It seems like you have to disconnect the battery, unmount the rear on/off switch, as they're run through the rear shock post. Just want to make sure it's all lubed up in there. Should I get this? Does the stock diff strip out alot?
Old 12-20-2014, 01:43 AM
Devils-Reject
My Feedback: (8)

that twister is crazy huh. i love it. looking for a really good deal on parts, batterys anything r/c related?
i WILL beat any advertised price. give me a call. my info is below and on my website.
im a real deal redcat dealer. with personal care for every customer.