Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

grease here?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 10:34 AM
vqdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default grease here?

this is silly. do i grease the pinion/spur interface? it's bone dry now and the cover for it doesn't look like it would keep it clean so i'm guessing not. but i've got grease on every other gear in the car
Old 12-23-2014, 12:20 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

nope never greased the pinion/spur on any RC's I've ever owned as what you said is true the debris will get in it, and stick possibly damaging the gears.
The other parts are probably sealed well unlike the pinion/spur area which is why you grease em.
Old 12-31-2014, 03:05 PM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have used dry graphite lube and teflon spray (evaporates and leaves dry coating) in the past. I haven't found any significant difference in performance, runtime, or wear. I now just leave them dry.