Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Need a little help getting the right slipper clutch setting please.

Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Need a little help getting the right slipper clutch setting please.

Old 12-24-2014, 11:24 AM
CptKlink

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a little help getting the right slipper clutch setting please.

Hello all I just installed a New team associated/kimbrough 48p 87t spure gear with there High torque slipper pads in to my 2wd Ruckus. I was wondering what would be a good slipper clutch setting/tightness for the clutch to work with my Castle Sidewinder SCT ESC/3800KV motor combo system? Any ideas work for me I know ECX recommends two full turns out from tight with all the stock parts and settings but my ruckus is far from stock. Anyways any recommendations guys?
Old 12-24-2014, 12:21 PM
vqdriver

just went thru this and ran across this video. seems to be a good rule of thumb way of setting it up. this addresses the proper function of the slipper clutch, regardless of whatever hardware you have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSmHEnj71mw
Old 12-24-2014, 02:48 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

If you are at a high traction clay race track or bashing with high bite tires on...that video is a good way to get you in the ballpark.
I always have to loosen my slipper at my track after adjusting the slipper as in the video as I run on a hard pack dirt track with a thin layer of softer stuff on top.
Old 12-24-2014, 03:58 PM
CptKlink

Ya I tried doing what it said in that video but I can't. For a very split second it give full power but then it just how would i say it it just sputters there like its only giving it enough power to the motor to make the motor to just start turning. And of course me holding the wheels down it just sits there struggling to do anything. I think i know what that problem is tho. I know my Castle Sidewinder SCT ESC has a safety feature built in to the ESC that once it detects that the wheels are stuck, pinned down, or just can't turn it cuts full power and only sends out enough power to slightly turn the wheels.

Last edited by CptKlink; 12-24-2014 at 04:00 PM.
Old 12-25-2014, 02:30 PM
RustyUs

Get to know the sound of your slipper doing it's thing. You like my method better of placing your vehicle (facing you) on a carpeted or high grip surface; then push your RC away from you with one hand (vehicle now going backwards); quickly give full forward throttle from your "trigger" finger. Your RC slipper clutch should "whine" for about two feet after you give it full forward throttle.

Last edited by RustyUs; 12-25-2014 at 02:32 PM.
Old 12-25-2014, 02:40 PM
RustyUs

Here's a dude at Horizon RC at about 6:25 in the video the dude shows what I was trying to explain in my earlier post.