Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

castle link program kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 03:40 PM
Jake kelly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default castle link program kit

Do you know if these castle link program kits will work to update any brushless system? I have an hpi wr8 with everything stock and was curious if it would work on that and future cars.

Thanks

Last edited by Jake kelly; 02-21-2015 at 04:10 PM.
Old 02-22-2015, 09:07 AM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Castle Link only works on Castle esc's and esc's made by Castle but rebranded as HPI or Traxxas. HPI used to say "powered by Castle" on the website for vehicles that had rebranded Castle esc's but they got did of that. Traxxas still says it on their new waterproof MXL-6s equipped models since it's really just a MMM2 in a blue case. The HPI esc's made by Castle are the Vapor (Sidewinder), Vapor Pro (Sidewinder SCT) and Blur (Mamba Monster). Not all HPI vehicles use these Castle esc's, some models like the Bullet and Trophy lines use a different brand of esc and the Castle Link won't work. If you look at your instructions it says that the Castle link will work with your stock Vapor Pro esc.

Castle link is not something that's really necessary. It's mainly for adjusting the lipo cutoff voltage, adjusting punch control, braking force and if you're a serious driver maybe the throttle and brake curves.