Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Power supply ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 05:56 PM
maggio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power supply ?

My Hudy full auto truer calls for a power supply that will handle 12-16v and 25amps. I have a Hitec 30am that will supply up to 18v and 30 amps. But I'm thinking the initial crank amperage is over the 30 the power supply handles and is cutting the power supply off on overload. My ? Is what power supply are you guys using that also run the same truer ? Thanks
Old 03-06-2015, 08:03 AM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

The product only draws the amount of amperage it needs; you could have a .1 amp 10 volt circuit and have it hooked up to a 1 million amp 10 volt power supply and it would work fine. This power supply should work well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12v-44-Amp-D...item3cefab8617
Old 03-06-2015, 08:45 AM
maggio

Thanks for the info , It tries to start it then kicks the PS off on Over load. I was thinking its starting amps might have went above the 30 and causing this. Either way thanks again.