Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Tuning Help, Hong Nor x1x Sport

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 11:05 AM
g4m8l3r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning Help, Hong Nor x1x Sport

Hi Everyone,

Im new here and quite new to nitro cars also. I have been given a Hong Nor X1X Sport recently and having a few issues with it. It has recently had a new replacement engine fitted but not long enough for it to be tuned/setup. On top of the engine the heatsink says HK 25, what does this mean?

Firstly I am having an issue starting it, I have replaced the fuel line, fuel filter and glow plug. I was told by the prior owner to warm the heatsink up with a hair dryer for 30 seconds then prime and put the glow stick on and it will start and this did work. I was told the reason behind this was the glow plug was shot so I went to my local RC shop and was given a medium heat plug, I fitted this along with the new fuel pipe and filter and it wouldnt start, even with the hair dryer trick. I checked the plug on the end of the stick and it was glowing. I put the old one back in and it fired up again using the hair dryer.

I am using byron gen 2 20% fuel.

Secondly, when it is running I have to quickly pull the throttle or it cuts out, once revved it up (low rpm) its fine and doesn't cut out, however it does rev up on its own randomly and spit out of the exhaust.

Hope you guys/gals can help me please.

Kind Regards
Old 04-12-2015, 12:00 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like it's riunng very rich if it's spitting out the exhaust....

unfortantaly there is not much we can help with, it's one of those thing I would need to see in person to dognoise it.

ur best best would be to see if ur local hobby shop can get it running for you. If it only needs a tune and everything is fine I think it's about $10, but it's well worth it just to make sure there are no other issues. otherwise u will be chasing ur tail especially if u are new to tuning and diagnosing
Old 04-12-2015, 04:17 AM
mugeyman

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

g4m813r , you should read the nitro tuning guide posted in rc car engines it will help you tune your nitro car , the hk 25 is probably the size
of the motor .25 or you can go on the hong nor web site , i know ofna was was selling hong nor products ok
Old 04-12-2015, 08:01 AM
g4m8l3r

Unfortunately my local shop is wanting to charge me a fortune for tuning this. Its just money I dont have to spend, I would prefer to learn myself so in the future I can deal with little issues.
Old 04-12-2015, 03:31 PM
nitroexpress

You say a new replacement engine and then mention a prior owner. So this engine was operated before you got it? Engine could just be worn out. Always dicey buying or using an engine which is used. BTW, does it look like this?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	29710.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	2088440  
Old 04-13-2015, 11:22 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by g4m8l3r
Unfortunately my local shop is wanting to charge me a fortune for tuning this. Its just money I dont have to spend, I would prefer to learn myself so in the future I can deal with little issues.

Just keep in mind learning to tune and dognoise nitro engines can be a very costly lesson, espically if u have no one to teach u....
Me personally, when I was a teenager I went through 3 pistons and liners... And at $80 a peice I was a fool

Learning to tune can be difficult enough and it's impossible to learn on a problematic engine...