Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Twister XB on 3S lipo...

Old 04-14-2015, 04:57 PM
micah11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twister XB on 3S lipo...

...It's fast.

Much, much faster than the stock Nimh. I have a little trouble fitting it in, it's pretty tight. Might get my Roto-zip out and shave down some plastic in the battery tray. Just running it up and down the back road here, I can't get it up to full throttle, it wheelies going 40+ mph.. ESC was fine doing speed runs, but doing wheelies and such in my driveway, it got hot and shutdown from overheating. Might add some weight to the front to keep it down. I might take a piece of metal or something, empty the chassis, cut out the battery box support things, and start with just a flat space for more room for the battery.
Old 04-14-2015, 05:33 PM
DieHarder

So you need to use a 2S instead...
Old 04-15-2015, 03:24 AM
micah11

But where's the fun in that? That's probably a much better idea than stuffing the 3S in there though. It's amazing how powerful these things are. You get up to the speed the Nimh got it to, and then it just keeps going.
Old 04-15-2015, 09:46 AM
micah11

Hmmm.... Ran it this morning, didn't have the same speed/power it had last night... Also didn't have reverse anymore. Emailed Redcat, and they said "It may have hurt the motor, we do not recommend using a 3s in that vehicle" The manual clearly stated right on the front that it can take 3s lipos... -1 for Redcat Customer support.
Old 04-17-2015, 05:10 PM
DieHarder

Redcat's customer support has been well below par lately. A couple months back, they were being highly recommended. Now these reports of their lame customer service comes to the surface and you don't hear many of those recommendations anymore. Sorry you got bit, but hey, now's the time to upgrade your electronics/motor!