Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Qustions about the new esc's i see out now ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Qustions about the new esc's i see out now ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 08:08 AM
rc18junky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Qustions about the new esc's i see out now ?

I been gone a while and back when all there was out worth buying was castle creations and novak . Now i am looking around i see so many new brands of brushless esc's. does anyone have any experiences or info on some of them are there worth buying ? I know hobbywing not to bad but how about the others

here a link to most of them
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_saca...ess+esc&_frs=1

Last edited by rc18junky; 04-26-2015 at 08:10 AM.
Old 04-26-2015, 12:29 PM
mugeyman

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

rc18junky alot of guys running tekin , castle and novak and some hobby wing i have castle mamba s i like them a lot works great 1/8 scale
ok
Old 04-26-2015, 01:51 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pretty much all brushless ESCs today are pretty good. They are pretty mature as far as designs go and I've never seen a Novak or Tekin one perform any different from a cheaper Chinese one.
Old 04-27-2015, 08:03 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Depends on what features you may want....but in general, I'd agree with Collector. I'm running a Brushless Hobbies brand ESC in my short course truck with a Novak motor, and my buddy is running a $40 HobbyKing 120A X-Car ESC with a Toro motor in his. They work great. And, those two even happen to be compatible with the HobbyWing programming card. I'm a big fan of so-called cheap Chinese junk.
Old 04-27-2015, 02:38 PM
mugeyman

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

ext2rob, yes the cheaper models esc s must be pretty good i never had a chance to test one i only had novak s than started reading
about some other brands and bought castle creations mambas maybe i try one sometime thanks