Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Question about trx .15 engine and break in

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Question about trx .15 engine and break in

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 01:30 PM
sub2001zero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about trx .15 engine and break in

This is the first Nitro I try to run. I have all electric before this one. I bought older model used traxxas trx .15 nitro sport. I could not get it started. I bought all new seal for carb. and try again and no luck it would no stay running. I play with the H/L needle still not luck. So I took apart the engine. I read if you can push the piston pass the piston sleeve it no good and you would need to buy new parts. Also can you break a engine in on 10% fuel with some run after oil or do I need to buy some 20% fuel. hope I can get some help thanks
Old 07-24-2015, 07:18 PM
robwiljas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes if you can push the piston up past the top of the sleeve there is not enough pinch and a new piston and sleeve are needed, or some people have the sleeve re-pinched but I've never tried that.

You can break the engine in on 10% nitro just fine, but a general rule is to always run the engine on whatever percentage you broke it in on. So if you break it in on 10% fuel keep using 10% with it. Make sure it has the correct oil content though. Also you don't add after run oil to the fuel, you put it in the engine after you're done running it.