Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Anyone recognize these wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 01:59 PM
ItsTricky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone recognize these wheels?

Curious if anyone recognizes what brand these chrome wheels are? I'm getting back into the hobby after three years and have seemed to misplaced the screws that hold the center cap on, as well as the 23(?) mm hexes. I've been looking online for hours and have yet to find what company these wheels are made by. Bought them second-hand a few years ago so I didn't know to begin with. Probably discontinued but it doesn't hurt to ask. Would love to use these wheels in full again. (Yes, I could use them without the caps but I love how they look)

Also, WHERE can you buy 23 mm hexes these days? They've obviously become less popular haha.

Thanks for any help!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-07-22 23.30.02.jpg
Views:	676
Size:	333.2 KB
ID:	2110839  
Old 07-24-2015, 08:52 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, nice wheels. I can see why you wanna find them. 23mm hexes?!? Yeow. I suppose you've tried just googling "RC Chrome Wheels" and looked over all the pictures in the "Images of RC Chrome Wheels" link? I've found a number of things that way. RC4WD.com has a lot of scaler stuff, (although those don't look "scale"). I dunno, mate, I've never seen those wheels.... Good luck.
Old 07-24-2015, 11:34 AM
ItsTricky

Originally Posted by EXT2Rob
Wow, nice wheels. I can see why you wanna find them. 23mm hexes?!? Yeow. I suppose you've tried just googling "RC Chrome Wheels" and looked over all the pictures in the "Images of RC Chrome Wheels" link? I've found a number of things that way. RC4WD.com has a lot of scaler stuff, (although those don't look "scale"). I dunno, mate, I've never seen those wheels.... Good luck.
Thanks! Yeah, I've spent a handful of hours looking at wheels on Google Images. After a while vision gets trippy and they all look the same haha. "THAT'S THEM! Wait, no, nope, it's not."

Right now my main goal, I guess, is finding 23mm hexes, which all I seem to find are weird "23mm hex extension kits", whatever that is. I just want some good old fashion plastic hexes. Pretty sure the ones I had are by Losi, and the ones Losi makes now don't fit Savages (axles must be skinnier on Losi's these days or something). Bought some and drilled the hole bigger so they'd fit but it didn't work so well haha
Old 07-24-2015, 05:27 PM
DieHarder

40 Series maybe?
Old 07-25-2015, 09:28 AM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

They're Losi LST XXL/XXL2 wheels and they have a 20mm hex, not 23mm. The only 20mm hexes available anywhere is from Losi for the LST2/XXL. The LST2/XXL uses 8mm buggy/truggy style axles and the hex adapters are buggy/truggy style as well so I don't think they're a bolt on for the Savage. The LST2 20mm hex are also a little weird. The hole in the rim is the same size as the one for 17mm hex. And as a matter of fact the wheel nut used on the Losi 20mm hex adapter is 17mm.

There is a trick you can try if you have 17mm hex on your savage. Wrap the 17mm hex in aluminum tape until they fit the 20mm hex in the wheel snugly. People have been using this trick to run 24mm hex baja wheels on 23mm adapters with success. You'll have to use your own judgement whether this will work for you or not. I'd have to see what the wrapped hex looked like in the wheel to gauge whether the hex would end up spinning in the wheel or not.

Last edited by Maj_Overdrive; 07-25-2015 at 09:40 AM.
Old 07-25-2015, 10:18 AM
ItsTricky

Originally Posted by Maj_Overdrive
They're Losi LST XXL/XXL2 wheels and they have a 20mm hex, not 23mm. The only 20mm hexes available anywhere is from Losi for the LST2/XXL. The LST2/XXL uses 8mm buggy/truggy style axles and the hex adapters are buggy/truggy style as well so I don't think they're a bolt on for the Savage. The LST2 20mm hex are also a little weird. The hole in the rim is the same size as the one for 17mm hex. And as a matter of fact the wheel nut used on the Losi 20mm hex adapter is 17mm.

There is a trick you can try if you have 17mm hex on your savage. Wrap the 17mm hex in aluminum tape until they fit the 20mm hex in the wheel snugly. People have been using this trick to run 24mm hex baja wheels on 23mm adapters with success. You'll have to use your own judgement whether this will work for you or not. I'd have to see what the wrapped hex looked like in the wheel to gauge whether the hex would end up spinning in the wheel or not.
That's them! Thank you so much!

Just gotta decide if I wanna try the aluminum tape trick you mention, or if I should just dismount the tires and get a similar style wheel that fits 17mm, just to keep things simple haha.

Again, thanks! This search has been taking over my life for the past 3 days. Very much appreciated.
Old 07-26-2015, 10:29 AM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Well the aluminum tape trick works great on the 23mm hex/24mm wheel because the tape only has to be .5mm thick. Not much chance of the hex spinning in the wheel. But 17mm hex and 20mm wheel the tape needs to be 1.5mm thick and if the tape ends up compressing it's more likely the hex could spin inside the wheel. Without a 20mm wheel in front of me to see how the 17mm hex fits I don't want to say how likely it is though, something you'll have to judge for yourself.

Edit: Losi calls these a 420 series wheel. But they're really the same as a 40 series wheel. Don't confuse 40 series with 3.8 wheels as 3.8 wheels usually have the Traxxas/buggy style tire bead while 40 series have a standard bead. The only new 40 series wheels I know of are from Axial but conveniently they do have a 17mm hex on them.

Last edited by Maj_Overdrive; 07-26-2015 at 10:33 AM.
Old 07-26-2015, 11:46 AM
ItsTricky

Originally Posted by Maj_Overdrive
Well the aluminum tape trick works great on the 23mm hex/24mm wheel because the tape only has to be .5mm thick. Not much chance of the hex spinning in the wheel. But 17mm hex and 20mm wheel the tape needs to be 1.5mm thick and if the tape ends up compressing it's more likely the hex could spin inside the wheel. Without a 20mm wheel in front of me to see how the 17mm hex fits I don't want to say how likely it is though, something you'll have to judge for yourself.

Edit: Losi calls these a 420 series wheel. But they're really the same as a 40 series wheel. Don't confuse 40 series with 3.8 wheels as 3.8 wheels usually have the Traxxas/buggy style tire bead while 40 series have a standard bead. The only new 40 series wheels I know of are from Axial but conveniently they do have a 17mm hex on them.
Being out of the hobby for a while and getting back into it, I'm disappointed by the small number of "cool" looking monster truck wheels these days. Only a small handful to choose from it seems. Didn't companies like Proline have a massive collection at one point? Looked recently - they now have 2, yes, TWO whole different style of rims for monster trucks haha, the variety, oh my!

And in terms of using aluminum tape, I don't think its gonna work too well. I can see it getting loose on me. I'm moments away from splurging and buying a new wheel/tire combo. Always wanted to try Mashers, so I'm getting the 3.8 (because I can't find 40 series anything?) mounted on Proline's Desperado monster truck rims.
Old 07-26-2015, 02:31 PM
G00DT1MES123

Can anybody help me please I have recently taken owner ship of a Carson attack c6 petrol rc buggy the car it self is mint but I can't seem to find anywhere that sells parts for it dose anyone out there know where I can find parts for my car I would hate to have to sell it please help a big kid in need. Any help will be much appreciated
Old 07-26-2015, 04:55 PM
DieHarder

Not sure if this is your buggy, check the picture. But they do sell parts for that brand here: http://rc-car-online.de/shop/en/2019-super-attack.html
Originally Posted by G00DT1MES123
Can anybody help me please I have recently taken owner ship of a Carson attack c6 petrol rc buggy the car it self is mint but I can't seem to find anywhere that sells parts for it dose anyone out there know where I can find parts for my car I would hate to have to sell it please help a big kid in need. Any help will be much appreciated