Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Check out this load of baloney!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 04:27 PM
DieHarder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now everybody's slingin mud. This is getting good...
Old 08-02-2015, 04:27 PM
robwiljas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For anyone curious, HK's are listed as LiHV, they have 9 packs of different cell counts (Syco_Venom is correct they only have one in 2S) and 4 capable chargers listed in the USA East warehouse.
Old 08-03-2015, 11:26 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by robwiljas
For anyone curious, HK's are listed as LiHV, they have 9 packs of different cell counts (Syco_Venom is correct they only have one in 2S) and 4 capable chargers listed in the USA East warehouse.
ahh I did limit the search to 2S now that I think of it
I'll be honest that was probably the 1st time I went to HK's site in at least a year or so. Shocked I didn't get an e-mail about that though as they send me a ton of e-mails every time they get some new thing in.
Old 08-03-2015, 01:39 PM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KC Air
...., and, as Abe Lincoln once said, "Don't believe everything you read on the internet."
BWAH ha ha ha ha!! Good one.
Old 08-03-2015, 01:41 PM
EXT2Rob

Originally Posted by KC Air
You can lead a brain to knowledge, but you can't make it think
ANOTHER great quote. I like this guy....
Old 08-03-2015, 01:53 PM
EXT2Rob

Alright, so enough "member measuring" (another great line).... and let's forgive our member (no pun intended) for perhaps going off, er, half-cocked, hmm?

...Let's get with the technicals.... So would these "high voltage" Lipos or LiHVs have a different Storage Voltage setting as well?? I'd guess "Yes". So that'd be another change in the charger firmware. And there ARE chargers out for these things too? Hmm. I could see where the slightly higher voltage would give you a bit of an advantage at the top end for speed, but longer runtime?? I don't know. Whatta you think guys?
Old 08-03-2015, 04:32 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Originally Posted by EXT2Rob
Alright, so enough "member measuring" (another great line).... and let's forgive our member (no pun intended) for perhaps going off, er, half-cocked, hmm?

...Let's get with the technicals.... So would these "high voltage" Lipos or LiHVs have a different Storage Voltage setting as well?? I'd guess "Yes". So that'd be another change in the charger firmware. And there ARE chargers out for these things too? Hmm. I could see where the slightly higher voltage would give you a bit of an advantage at the top end for speed, but longer runtime?? I don't know. Whatta you think guys?
well the 2 in the original link do show some pretty high mAH ratings so yea I think the 8k would run quite a long time, but the voltage increase itself shouldn't add any as you would more then likely have to have the cutout set higher(just my guess maybe the all knowing flyboy who came could shed light on it).
Old 08-03-2015, 08:00 PM
robwiljas

Originally Posted by EXT2Rob

Originally Posted by SyCo_VeNoM
well the 2 in the original link do show some pretty high mAH ratings so yea I think the 8k would run quite a long time, but the voltage increase itself shouldn't add any as you would more then likely have to have the cutout set higher(just my guess maybe the all knowing flyboy who came could shed light on it).

I hope you're not talking about me, I'm certainly not all knowing and I definately don't mean to come across like I think I am.

I've done some reading and as far as I can find the cutoff voltage is the same as regular LiPo, while the storage voltage is recommended to be 3.83-3.86V. If I were going to use one I would ask the manufacturer to be sure though.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	525bff8c_happy-i-see-what-you-did-there.png
Views:	32
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	2112829  
Old 08-04-2015, 06:48 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Originally Posted by robwiljas

I hope you're not talking about me, I'm certainly not all knowing and I definately don't mean to come across like I think I am.
nah that was aimed at the flyboy who added nothing of value to the thread earlier except misspelling of my user name, or any others as this site is loaded with plane users that love adding their 2 cents into ground based RC discussion...
Old 08-06-2015, 07:48 PM
collector1231

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aaaaand now its Ground VS. Air. ROUND 1. FIGHT!
Old 08-07-2015, 01:09 PM
KC Air

Originally Posted by collector1231
Aaaaand now its Ground VS. Air. ROUND 1. FIGHT!
Na, it takes much more than that to harsh my mellow.