Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Dog Gone Dog Bones Won't Stay Put - Team Associated rc8.2e

Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Dog Gone Dog Bones Won't Stay Put - Team Associated rc8.2e

Old 08-03-2015, 09:17 AM
jdlev

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dog Gone Dog Bones Won't Stay Put - Team Associated rc8.2e

I've got the 4wd 1/8 scale RC8.2e by team associated, and just can't get my front dog bone to stay in unless I really dial down the power. I've used loctite on the set screw, so the front hub (if that's what it's called) that the dogbone slots into at least stayed on this time, but the dog bone still slid out. I must not be installing it right. Are there any further adjustments thats that I can make so the dogbone doesn't keep falling out besides making sure the set screw is tight? TIA
Old 08-03-2015, 09:47 AM
robwiljas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you buy the buggy new? The front should have CVA's, while the rear has dogbones. Is that what it has? You can see the difference at the links below. Also for the set screw, are you talking about the one holding the pin in the drive hex (what the wheel mounts to) or the CVA coupler?

Dogbone
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCRHY&P=Z

CVA
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXSKP1&P=ML

Edit: I reread what you said (I'm tired lol) and I'm pretty sure you have the CVAs. Make sure they're not bent, that can cause them to pop out. The only adjustment that I can think of on the RC8.2e that would cause it is the camber, but I think it would have to be pretty far out to cause the bone to pop out.

Last edited by robwiljas; 08-03-2015 at 10:04 AM.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:09 PM
jdlev

Yes...bought the buggy new. It's not the CVAs (but thanks for showing me the different). In looking at the manual, it's the 96mm front dogbone that connects to the Center Drive Line Input on the front gearbox that is having the issue. I even tried using a spare 99mm dogbone for the front, and it still is falling out. Here's a picture showing the front dogbone.

Any more ideas on how to keep the dog bone from constantly bouncing out?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2310[1].JPG
Views:	545
Size:	2.71 MB
ID:	2112720  
Old 08-03-2015, 12:21 PM
robwiljas

Ooh ok sorry I was thinking the ones to the wheels from the diff. A center dogbone popping out is usually caused by a bent chassis or broken chassis brace letting the chassis flex. You can try putting an o-ring in each of the drive cups to keep the dogbone from moving too far forward or backward and slipping out.
Old 08-03-2015, 01:06 PM
jdlev

Good idea with the o rings...I'll have to give that a shot
Old 08-03-2015, 01:14 PM
robwiljas

Yeah a lot of R/C's use them from the factory, it works really well. In a pinch I've cut a piece off a pencil eraser and used that.

My little RC18B2 uses little springs in the drive cups, it works good but man do they like to fly when you take the dogbone out lol.
Old 08-03-2015, 04:34 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

could also use some nitro fuel tube as I've had some in the past that you had to use it in as the dounut washers were too small for how loose the dogbones were. On that particular RC I ended up painting the dogbones bright neon colors so I could find them again as it would throw a dogbone every 10 mins or so.
Old 08-06-2015, 11:43 AM
jdlev

Thanks for the tips guys. I think the o ring fixed the problem! On to my next problem lol