Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Please help me fix my Truggy

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 05:40 PM
ColeB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Please help me fix my Truggy

Hello, I have an Arrma Talion truggy and while on about the fifth pack I lost all input to the vehicle. It was all going well and then without any strange sounds of something breaking I lost throttle, brake and steering. The fan on top of the esc also stopped spinning. I turned the truck off and then back on again and when I did this the only sign of life was the blue light on the esc blinking about five times and then stopping. I went inside and checked my batteries, none of the cells had low voltage. Then I reset the esc with the instuctions in the manual. I tried turning turning it on again, the same blue light would flash for a few seconds and then nothing. I called up arrma and he said to try to bind the receiver and the remote. Only problem is I don't have a bind plug and no hobby shops in my area sell any. I guess I will buy a bind plug online but if that doesn't work what do you think the problem might be? Is there a way I can do the binding with out buying a bind plug? Thanks for reading this if you've gotten this far, any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 08-09-2015, 05:43 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Yeah. If you are careful, just jump the 2 outermost pins on the bind slot and that is essentially what a bind plug is. If that doesn't work, it could very well be the ESC.
Old 08-09-2015, 06:35 PM
ColeB

If the esc was blown, wouldn't I not be able to have reset it though?
Old 08-09-2015, 06:39 PM
collector1231

Maybe you actually didn't reset the ESC? But have you tried binding it yet?
Old 08-09-2015, 09:56 PM
robwiljas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can make your own bind plug from a servo extension which any hobby shop should have. As Collector said just connect the the two outer wires (NOT the middle wire!) together. To be safe I would remove the middle wire altogether.
Old 08-10-2015, 02:58 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

I have plenty of spare bind plugs in my parts box. If the OP wants one free of charge, send me a PM. Otherwise what the other two fellas said is good advice.
Old 08-10-2015, 11:54 AM
ColeB

Originally Posted by collector1231
Maybe you actually didn't reset the ESC? But have you tried binding it yet?
Im almost 100% sure I reset the esc, I tried binding it by touching a paperclip to the two outiside pins, a big spark (at least three times bigger than sparks when plugging in batteries) shot up after a few seconds of holding it there, I'm gunna bend the middle pin down and try again.
Old 08-10-2015, 12:06 PM
ColeB

Ok, I just tried again. Both pins were in contact and the light that is supposed to start flashing on the receiver is not flashing, do I need a new receiver?
Old 08-10-2015, 01:33 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

Those sparks you spoke of may mean you fried the receiver. If you turn it on as if you're going to run it, does it light up like it did before?
Old 08-10-2015, 04:19 PM
ColeB

Originally Posted by 1QwkSport2.5r
Those sparks you spoke of may mean you fried the receiver. If you turn it on as if you're going to run it, does it light up like it did before?
I just called arrma, they are replacing the receiver and transmitter for me, hopefully that will solve all the issues.
Old 08-10-2015, 05:03 PM
robwiljas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I accidentally shorted all three pins in a receiver once, it blew the BEC inside the speed control. You may want to check that the ESC is still sending power to the receiver. If you have a voltmeter, you should get around 5v or so on the red and brown wires that go from the ESC to the receiver.
Old 08-10-2015, 06:39 PM
collector1231

Yeah, sounds like you accidentally shorted something. Try hitting the voltages, like rob said.
Old 08-12-2015, 07:35 AM
EXT2Rob

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Um, it's also not a good sign that the ESC fan quit working. I remember reading that some of the first few batches of electronics in the 6S Arrma trucks, ESC in particular, were faulty and crapped out in short order. Arrma replaced them. So you might ask Arrma about your ESC too. From your description, it sounds like it went blooey too.