Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Jeep body options for a SCX10

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 05:33 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Jeep body options for a SCX10

Has anyone seen a Jeep ZJ body, or anything 1/10th scale that could work?

I know proline has a Cherokee XJ, and a Grand Cherokee WK body, but those look a bit different then what I want which is to make a scale version of my ZJ.
I also looked at model kits, but 1/20th scale was the biggest I could find

I would try and modify the WK, but I have learned I absolutely suck at modeling from my experimentation with my 6wd truck(which I'm thinking of scrapping into 2 4wd scalers).

Last edited by SyCo_VeNoM; 08-27-2015 at 05:36 PM.
Old 08-27-2015, 05:57 PM
DieHarder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fast lane RC (Toys R Us) made one, but that was long ago. This is from a sold eBay listing.

I also found this thread where I dude had a green one, but chances are slim that you can get a hold of him or if he even still has it. Might be worth a try. http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/paint-body/326505-any-grandcherokee-wj-bodies.html

Although I do believe they are for a small scale and not 1/10...

So other than that, I've not seen a ZJ in RC.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:10 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yea I saw that one in my search, and looked for one with 0 luck
I also saw a thread where a guy used some knockoff barbie jeep that they had a ZJ GC body on, but the thread was like 8 years old, and searching for its name brings up some weird stuff...

Might be easier to just buy a real wrangler, and get a body for my SCX10 to match

BTW joking about the wrangler as they were way out of my budget when I settled on the cherokee

Last edited by SyCo_VeNoM; 08-27-2015 at 08:25 PM.
Old 08-28-2015, 01:37 PM
DieHarder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe you can take on of the Pro-line Cherokee bodies and do some work on the front and back. It's mostly the correct overall shape, right? You could probably reconstruct the front and back ends with scrap lexan and sho-goo.