Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

quickly blown engine

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 09:13 AM
Anthoop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1QwkSport2.5r
It could be the lighting, but that liner looks like it's nickel plated and not chromed.
I agree, it does look like ABN....odd that again as I have a .18 CXP and that is ABC.......guess we would really need to learn Chinese to find out what happens over there.
Having said that my engine is a rotary carb. model and I think the OP has a slide carb.
Old 10-14-2015, 04:54 PM
nitroexpress

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by krokodyl
ok there it is.
That sleeve is damaged.
Old 10-19-2015, 05:49 AM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by krokodyl
it seems tat it is assembled properly. The only thing i did to it is take of the top blue part and the sleeve. Then i took off the starter plate. Im starting to think the crankshaft mightve broke.
you need to fully disassemble the engine. If you pulled the sleeve out why cant you see the crank/piston/and driveshaft now? pull the back plate and then pull the engine and crank to examine them. It sounds to me like you should just trash this engine and get a reliable aftermarket replacement of modest cost. I have 3 .28 JL I will sell you one if you like. The pullstart is trashed, you were using a drill to start it but not with a roto-start, just ghetto rigged. Anything you did could have brought about damage to the crank or one way bearing etc. It sounds like you break something and instead of repairing it you rig it up. That is asking for further damage down the line.