Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Radio Shack Tsauro-X.

Old 12-05-2015, 08:32 PM
nuraman00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Shack Tsauro-X.

I have a Radio Shack Tsauro-X. I haven't used it in 16-18 years. I want to see if it works.

I don't have the battery pack charger though, and think I need a new one so I can charge the battery pack and see if it works.

Pics:

http://imgur.com/a/meuGn/layout/grid#1

Some questions:

1. The battery pack is a Radio Shack 23-230 1200 mAh.

Can I replace it with a
RadioShack 7.2V 3000mAh?

If so, and I use 2300 mAh AA batteries in the car, will the battery pack run out last, since it is 3000 mAh, while the batteries in the car and remote are 2300 mAh?

Will getting a larger amp battery pack make my car run longer? I am also going from 1000 mAh AA batteries, to 2300 ones, in the car and remote. I remember the car lasting about 30 mins, then another 5-10 mins at slow speeds.

2. What about this Tenergy 7.2V 3000 mAh battery pack, can I use this instead too?

https://www.blinq.com/detail/toys-ba...7E_xoCV37w_wcB

3. Can I use a battery charger like this, to charge either of the above Radio Shack or Tenergy batteries?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131647261980...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

4. Do you think I have too much battery corrosion in the 2nd pic that I posted, to the point that batteries won't work?

5. What about the tires in my first pic. Are they ok?

6. I've always wanted a RC car that could do 360 degree spins. Yet that only seemed to be possible to do on remotes that had two vertical controls, rather than one vertical and one horizontal control.

Is it possible that if I replaced my remote, I could get this car to do 360 spins? If so, how would I go about looking for such a remote that would work? My remote says the band is 27.095 MHz.

Here's an example of a car that does 360 spins. Watch from 1:30 - 1:45. You will also see the remote, which has two vertical controls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwndPxNnNNc 7. I also saw a listing for a Radio Shack Red Arrow. I am also considering getting one, just so I have two cars, and can race with someone.

Do you think the Red Arrow is comparable to the Tsauro-X, and will make for a fairly even race?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited by nuraman00; 12-05-2015 at 08:35 PM.
Old 12-06-2015, 07:41 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the forums.
My dear friend, what you have there is a toy. If your intention is just to make it go again and have a little fun with it till it breaks, well, that's about all you can expect, really. No replacement parts for them. That's the difference between a Toy and a hobby-grade RC.

That Tenergy battery would be fine, providing its dimensions will fit the battery bay's dimensions. The bigger the milli-amp-hour (mah) number, the longer a pack will last compared to one that has a smaller number.

As for what will last longer, the car battery or the remote battery.....definitely the remote batteries. They don't get as much drain as the car's battery. So no worries there.

Replacing your remote won't get you spins. You need power to do that. (WHY is that a priority anyway? Not exactly the most fun.) And I doubt that Radio Shack buggy has much of a motor.

If all you want out of an RC is giggles watching it do doughnuts, then yeah, get the other Radio Shack car. But if you'd like to be able to replace parts that break, you really should look into hobby grade stuff. Tamiya makes a Wheely-King and a few other models that are hobby grade, but made for shenanigans like you're looking for.
Old 12-06-2015, 08:08 PM
nuraman00

Originally Posted by EXT2Rob
Hi, and welcome to the forums.
My dear friend, what you have there is a toy. If your intention is just to make it go again and have a little fun with it till it breaks, well, that's about all you can expect, really. No replacement parts for them. That's the difference between a Toy and a hobby-grade RC.

That Tenergy battery would be fine, providing its dimensions will fit the battery bay's dimensions. The bigger the milli-amp-hour (mah) number, the longer a pack will last compared to one that has a smaller number.

As for what will last longer, the car battery or the remote battery.....definitely the remote batteries. They don't get as much drain as the car's battery. So no worries there.

Replacing your remote won't get you spins. You need power to do that. (WHY is that a priority anyway? Not exactly the most fun.) And I doubt that Radio Shack buggy has much of a motor.

If all you want out of an RC is giggles watching it do doughnuts, then yeah, get the other Radio Shack car. But if you'd like to be able to replace parts that break, you really should look into hobby grade stuff. Tamiya makes a Wheely-King and a few other models that are hobby grade, but made for shenanigans like you're looking for.
Hi EXT2Rob. Thanks for your answers.

My first priority is just to see if this works again. So I'll then get the replacement battery pack and charger.

It might be toy grade, but it was bought for me when I was young, 22 years ago.

As for being able to replace parts that break, are you saying that if I had a hobby grade RC, and let's say the tires were worn out, I could replace them?

I don't know anything about hobby grade RCs right now. I came here seeking help/advice on what I had right now.

But I understand what you're saying now, about there being another level of RC cars (hobby-grade). I do like the value of being able to replace broken or worn down parts.

Watching a video of this, the handling and maneuverability is impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7PFIIejyaQ
I'll hold off on buying the other Radio Shack car then. My thinking was that if I had 2, then when others were over, there would be enough cars for people to race or have fun together.

But I also don't want to spend ~ $200 on another Radio Shack car, when there would be a lot more benefits to spending $275-$300 on that Wheely King, for example.

My Tsauro-X was also about $200 22 years ago.

Hmm, I see a parts list here for my Tsauro-X:

http://support.radioshack.com/suppor...oc10/10401.htm

Here's another doc I found online:

http://support.radioshack.com/suppor...oc37/37342.htm

It seems like this has replaceable parts too (maybe they don't make them anymore, but at one point they did?). I'll call Radio Shack to see if they still carry parts, just for my own knowledge.

What do you see that makes this clearly a toy?

Also, you said that you need a good powered motor to do 360 spins. Why is that Nikko vaporizR in the video above able to do it? It seems like a small car.

To me, making a car able to do that just seems like it's a nice to have. It's not the main point, but if I were to get another car, it's something I'd like to have. Do you know of any hobby grade cars that can do it for sure?

Last edited by nuraman00; 12-06-2015 at 08:17 PM.
Old 12-06-2015, 09:27 PM
EXT2Rob

Good, I got you thinking. Oh my goodness yes. You can absolutely buy new tire and wheels. Go look at Proline or JConcepts. I have more to respond, but it's late, an I'm tired. Will respond in depth tomorrow.
Old 12-06-2015, 10:47 PM
nuraman00

I kind of see what you mean.

http://prolineracing.com/1-10-buggy-performance-parts

For example, parts are divided into bodies, tires, wheels, and performance parts. It's a lot more customizable. A lot more granular.

I mean there's different shocks, springs. I can even pick my own body.

Whereas with my Tsauro-X, there might be replacement parts, but it can really only fit that car.

I'll also wait for your next response, whenever you have time. Because I'm sure I'll have more questions.
Old 12-07-2015, 07:36 AM
EXT2Rob

Originally Posted by nuraman00
I have a Radio Shack Tsauro-X. I haven't used it in 16-18 years. I want to see if it works.

I don't have the battery pack charger though, and think I need a new one so I can charge the battery pack and see if it works.

Pics:

Some questions:

Can I replace it with a
RadioShack 7.2V 3000mAh?

If so, and I use 2300 mAh AA batteries in the car, will the battery pack run out last, since it is 3000 mAh, while the batteries in the car and remote are 2300 mAh?

Will getting a larger amp battery pack make my car run longer? I am also going from 1000 mAh AA batteries, to 2300 ones, in the car and remote. I remember the car lasting about 30 mins, then another 5-10 mins at slow speeds.

Um, I'm a little confused here. The car AND the controller use AA batteries? But you're looking at that Tenergy NiMh pack? Is the AA battery holder removable?

2. What about this Tenergy 7.2V 3000 mAh battery pack, can I use this instead too?

https://www.blinq.com/detail/toys-ba...7E_xoCV37w_wcB

3. Can I use a battery charger like this, to charge either of the above Radio Shack or Tenergy batteries?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131647261980...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

4. Do you think I have too much battery corrosion in the 2nd pic that I posted, to the point that batteries won't work?
I didn't see much corrosion in the pic. As long as the contacts aren't rusted and you can clean down to bare metal, it should be usable.

Charger. Was that the kind of charger it had originally? Did it plug into the car somewhere in order to charge the AAs? If so, that charger may work for charging the AAs the way it was originally intended, but it certainly won't work on that Tenergy. You'd need a real charger like this.

5. What about the tires in my first pic. Are they ok?
Yeah, they look fine to me, but if they're 22yrs old, the rubber has probably gotten kinda brittle. Go with 'em until we figure out if we can get the car going.

6. I've always wanted a RC car that could do 360 degree spins. Yet that only seemed to be possible to do on remotes that had two vertical controls, rather than one vertical and one horizontal control.

Is it possible that if I replaced my remote, I could get this car to do 360 spins? If so, how would I go about looking for such a remote that would work? My remote says the band is 27.095 MHz.
Here's an example of a car that does 360 spins. Watch from 1:30 - 1:45. You will also see the remote, which has two vertical controls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwndPxNnNNc
So, this car came with a "stick" radio? Hmmm...well, if it's 22yrs old, I suppose that's fairy typical. As I said before, changing radios won't necessarily give you that capability. The car is not really designed for doing spins. It has a longer wheel base that the ones you show doing spins. Look up the Tamiya Wild Willy for an example of what you may be looking for.

Have you ever used a pistol radio? THe kind with a throttle trigger and a wheel for steering. Much more intuitive IMO. But whatever your comfortable with.

7. I also saw a listing for a Radio Shack Red Arrow. I am also considering getting one, just so I have two cars, and can race with someone.

Do you think the Red Arrow is comparable to the Tsauro-X, and will make for a fairly even race?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Please don't take my questioning your choice of RC entertainment, or the car in question, as a put down. I understand your attachment to the car and that it has big sentimental value to you. So I'm perfectly willing to try an help you out. This forum is for hobby grade cars, and there is a forum here at RCU for "RC Toys". However, since the Moderators haven't seen fit to move this thread, no big deal, let's see what we can do for ya.
Old 12-07-2015, 07:57 AM
EXT2Rob

I'll hold off on buying the other Radio Shack car then. My thinking was that if I had 2, then when others were over, there would be enough cars for people to race or have fun together.

But I also don't want to spend ~ $200 on another Radio Shack car, when there would be a lot more benefits to spending $275-$300 on that Wheely King, for example.

My Tsauro-X was also about $200 22 years ago.

Hmm, I see a parts list here for my Tsauro-X:

http://support.radioshack.com/suppor...oc10/10401.htm

Here's another doc I found online:

http://support.radioshack.com/suppor...oc37/37342.htm

It seems like this has replaceable parts too (maybe they don't make them anymore, but at one point they did?). I'll call Radio Shack to see if they still carry parts, just for my own knowledge.

What do you see that makes this clearly a toy?

Also, you said that you need a good powered motor to do 360 spins. Why is that Nikko vaporizR in the video above able to do it? It seems like a small car.

To me, making a car able to do that just seems like it's a nice to have. It's not the main point, but if I were to get another car, it's something I'd like to have. Do you know of any hobby grade cars that can do it for sure?
Holy COW! That car cost $200 22yrs ago??? Well shut the front door! AND they have (or HAD?) a spare parts list? That really surprises me for a Radio Shack car. All the RS cars I've ever seen were
Old 12-07-2015, 07:49 PM
nuraman00

Pics:

Some questions:

Can I replace it with a
RadioShack 7.2V 3000mAh?

Um, I'm a little confused here. The car AND the controller use AA batteries? But you're looking at that Tenergy NiMh pack? Is the AA battery holder removable?
Sorry for the confusion.

The controller uses 6 AA batteries.

The car uses both 4 AA batteries, and a NiMh battery pack.

Right now, I had 10 new AA batteries.

But I don't have the NiMh battery pack charger anymore. So I couldn't tell if the car ran anymore, because the battery pack had been discharged after these many years of non-use.

Yesterday, I purchased this online:

A 3800 mAH battery pack, and a wall battery pack charger. The new battery pack is the same size as the discharged one I currently have in my car, so it should fit in the same compartment area.

Thank you for your thoughts on whether I had too much battery corrosion too. I had cleaned up as much as I could before taking the pics.
Old 12-07-2015, 08:02 PM
nuraman00

[COLOR=#000][FONT=arial]

Yeah, they look fine to me, but if they're 22yrs old, the rubber has probably gotten kinda brittle. Go with 'em until we figure out if we can get the car going.

[COLOR=#000][FONT=arial]

So, this car came with a "stick" radio? Hmmm...well, if it's 22yrs old, I suppose that's fairy typical. As I said before, changing radios won't necessarily give you that capability. The car is not really designed for doing spins. It has a longer wheel base that the ones you show doing spins. Look up the Tamiya Wild Willy for an example of what you may be looking for.

Have you ever used a pistol radio? THe kind with a throttle trigger and a wheel for steering. Much more intuitive IMO. But whatever your comfortable with.

[COLOR=#000][FONT=arial]

Please don't take my questioning your choice of RC entertainment, or the car in question, as a put down. I understand your attachment to the car and that it has big sentimental value to you. So I'm perfectly willing to try an help you out. This forum is for hobby grade cars, and there is a forum here at RCU for "RC Toys". However, since the Moderators haven't seen fit to move this thread, no big deal, let's see what we can do for ya.
Here's a pic of the remote:

Yes, a stick radio.

I see, the length of the car is a factor in whether it can do spins. I just seemed to remember in the commercials for RC cars that I saw in the 90s, it seemed that remotes that had two vertical controls could do spins, while remotes that had one horizontal, one vertical like mine, could not.

And just like the the video for that Nikko vaporizR, to make a car spin, one would press one vertical control up, and the other down.

I can't find too many videos right now of cars doing spins, maybe I'm not searching for the right thing, or maybe people with those cars just didn't upload too many videos of such maneuvers. So I don't remember if it was only small base cars that spun, and not longer base cars.

I think there might have been some longer base car that spun, but since I can't remember the exact model, it's just speculation.

The spinning thing is just something I wish I had asked about when I got this car, so I could know that it couldn't be done. I just thought at the time that most cars could do it.

Yes, I've also used a pistol radio. One of the cars I had before this Tsauro-X did have a throttle trigger, and a wheel for steering. That car was definitely a toy one, at that time.
Old 12-07-2015, 08:03 PM
nuraman00

Thank you.

No offense or slights taken.
Old 12-07-2015, 08:23 PM
nuraman00

[QUOTE=EXT2Rob;12137737]Holy COW! That car cost $200 22yrs ago??? Well shut the front door! AND they have (or HAD?) a spare parts list? That really surprises me for a Radio Shack car. All the RS cars I've ever seen were

Last edited by nuraman00; 12-07-2015 at 08:30 PM.
Old 12-07-2015, 09:02 PM
nuraman00

If I wanted to build a car, would I be able to build something that looked like a Dodge Viper GTS, blue or black with white racing stripes?

I don't know if this is an appropriate site, but it seems that something may be possible?

http://www.rc-tradingpost.com/7473-rrgpstreet.html

And just asking in general, let's say I came up with a parts list. How would I know how exactly to build my hobby grade car? Everyone's setup might be a little different.

I guess this is where going to a hobby store would help, and I could ask these questions.

I would appreciate any help I can get online, as a starting point.

How much would a cost range be, to build a starting caliber hobby grade Viper GTS?

I also see now there's places you can go that have RC car tracks, and you can race them there.

http://www.insidelineracing.com/racing/

This makes it better now, to invest / have fun with a hobby grade car, and then be able to race it on a nice track.

Thanks again for all the help answering questions. And I know I have a lot of them right now.
Old 12-07-2015, 09:14 PM
nuraman00

Here's another pic from the racing track store above:

Is this really meant for hobby grade cars? I'd think they'd go too fast for most of those turns.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:23 AM
EXT2Rob

Oh man, you'd be surprised how fast these suckers can go on those indoor carpeted tracks! Amazed, really.

If you have the skills, you can build anything! You could spend days on YouTube looking at amazing home-made creations. You can put just about any kind of body on just about any kind of RC car. Hell, I put a Tamiya Subaru WRX body on my Duratrax Evader. Had to create my own body posts, but it works. And HPI even makes a Savage monster truck with a Dodge Charger body on it.

Glad to hear you have a store nearby. Definitely, go take a look. You'll answer a lot of your own questions just by going to see what's current in RC. Sizes and prices of cars are myriad. So consider where you plan on running, and what you're gonna be running ON. Street, or dirt? Since you're interested in a Viper type car, and expressing interest in racing, your looking at a street / carpet-track racer. (BTW, street and indoor racing cars use different tires) The guys at the hobby shop should be able to help you.

But serious racing cars can be pricey. And since you're new to the new stuff, ya might wanna take a step back, get something to learn with, then look at getting a racer. There is a LOT to learn. ECX makes a line of RC vehicles that are very reasonably priced, under $200, that you could learn with, and grow with.

Get used to the idea of a pistol radio, that's where it's all at now. You'll probably start out with a car with a brushed motor system (if you're looking to keep price down so you can get two) but you can upgrade to brushless later. Brushless motors are the norm today, MUCH more efficient and powerful, and virtually no maintenance. And like I said, you'll want to get a REAL charger like I listed in a previous post.
Old 12-08-2015, 12:18 PM
EXT2Rob

If I wanted to build a car, would I be able to build something that looked like a Dodge Viper GTS, blue or black with white racing stripes?
There are all kinds of body styles available. Of course, you have to pay attention to what scale, and in some cases, width (some are 190mm some are 200mm)(like, 10mm makes a difference?) They all come in clear lexan. And there are special paints used just for painting polycarbonate/lexan bodies, mainly, Tamiya paints. Look at YouTube for "how to paint an RC body". They are painted on the inside, so crashes and rollovers don't scuff off the paint. Bodies cost anywhere from $30 - $80, usually about $40.

I don't know if this is an appropriate site, but it seems that something may be possible?

http://www.rc-tradingpost.com/7473-rrgpstreet.html

And just asking in general, let's say I came up with a parts list. How would I know how exactly to build my hobby grade car? Everyone's setup might be a little different.
You probably wouldn't know how, unless you've had experience fabricating stuff from scratch. There ARE guys who do it, but they've been in the hobby most of their lives, and back when you HAD to fabricate your own stuff, cuz they didn't MAKE most of the stuff they have today. That's why I suggest looking at an RTR (Ready To Run) vehicle from the hobby shop. RTR usually means the car is 100% complete with running gear and radio, sometimes including a battery, and sometimes a charger. (Usually a wall-wart type charger that takes half a day to charge a 3000mah NiMh pack. In other words, useless junk.) But, you'd have a modern car and radio set, spare parts, and modern batteries.

Have you read thru this thread? Very helpful:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-c...ead-first.html

I guess this is where going to a hobby store would help, and I could ask these questions.

I would appreciate any help I can get online, as a starting point.

How much would a cost range be, to build a starting caliber hobby grade Viper GTS?

I also see now there's places you can go that have RC car tracks, and you can race them there.

http://www.insidelineracing.com/racing/

This makes it better now, to invest / have fun with a hobby grade car, and then be able to race it on a nice track.

Thanks again for all the help answering questions. And I know I have a lot of them right now.

Perfectly alright, ask away. 'S why we're here. Doing online research is the best way to educate yourself (providing you find reliable sources). but it can also be a little daunting when you realize how much you don't know. Just soak up as much as you can, and don't rush into anything until you're comfortable.

How much would it cost to build a streetable Viper? Depends on where you start, that is, what platform you select. The body will cost the same no matter what, figure $40 for the bod. A popular chassis for on-road / track racing is the Tamiya TT-02. A chassis kit is available at Tower Hobbies for $164. That puts you right around $200. Just do me a favor if you get a Tamiya (or any other car that uses Tamiya-style Molex battery connectors). CUT THEM OFF, and replace them with Traxxas connectors. Those Molex connectors SUCK, and they cannot stand up to the power of Brushless motors and LiPo batteries (when you get there, and you will.)

I see now what you mean about the two kinds of batteries in the Tsauro. The AAs were probably powering the receiver, and the NiMh pack provided motor power. These days, the Electronic Speed Control (ESC) has a built in power circuit that provides power to the receiver AND the steering servo. So you don't need the extra batteries, and their weight.

Last edited by EXT2Rob; 12-08-2015 at 12:41 PM.
Old 12-10-2015, 02:21 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

for making your own vs a RTR
as you don't have a ass ton of parts laying around like some of us do here go RTR
If you start assembling a RC piece by piece you will sometimes be 2X-4X over what a comparable RTR would cost, and not have any issues getting parts, and it will more then likely work 1000X better. This is coming from someone that used to assemble monstrosities every few weeks out of a pile of spare parts even when I had a pile of spares I would sometimes have to buy $50-80 in parts to make it work, and this is not counting electronics for it.

As for that track size it depends smaller ones are generally more technical, for drifters, or smaller scale vehicles. For example the hobby shop that went under by me a few years back put in a track for 1/24th-1/32nd scale vehicles. If you want to compare it to a 1/10th scale vehicle my on road car was wider then the lanes, or my one truck would be like 1/6th the track itself.

My guess is looking at the track size, and that its on a table is it is for Kyosho Mini Z's (which those damn things are EXPENSIVE for their size) like the track my ex LHS had but those tracks are way bigger. Was gonna buy one to race at the shop, but back then they were like $200 for the car alone +$100 for the radio, and battery, and charger were extra(I got nauseated looking at the price).

And if you are curious yes the kyosho mini z would be hobby grade even though its tiny as hell. Basically what makes hobby grade hobby grade is the ability to swap parts out, and customize it. Like if you break a part you can replace it, or if you don't like the electronics you can change them out, or upgrade them.

Last edited by SyCo_VeNoM; 12-10-2015 at 02:32 PM.
Old 12-12-2015, 12:03 PM
nuraman00

Oh man, you'd be surprised how fast these suckers can go on those indoor carpeted tracks! Amazed, really.

If you have the skills, you can build anything! You could spend days on YouTube looking at amazing home-made creations. You can put just about any kind of body on just about any kind of RC car. Hell, I put a Tamiya Subaru WRX body on my Duratrax Evader. Had to create my own body posts, but it works. And HPI even makes a Savage monster truck with a Dodge Charger body on it.

Glad to hear you have a store nearby. Definitely, go take a look. You'll answer a lot of your own questions just by going to see what's current in RC. Sizes and prices of cars are myriad. So consider where you plan on running, and what you're gonna be running ON. Street, or dirt? Since you're interested in a Viper type car, and expressing interest in racing, your looking at a street / carpet-track racer. (BTW, street and indoor racing cars use different tires) The guys at the hobby shop should be able to help you.

But serious racing cars can be pricey. And since you're new to the new stuff, ya might wanna take a step back, get something to learn with, then look at getting a racer. There is a LOT to learn. ECX makes a line of RC vehicles that are very reasonably priced, under $200, that you could learn with, and grow with.

Get used to the idea of a pistol radio, that's where it's all at now. You'll probably start out with a car with a brushed motor system (if you're looking to keep price down so you can get two) but you can upgrade to brushless later. Brushless motors are the norm today, MUCH more efficient and powerful, and virtually no maintenance. And like I said, you'll want to get a REAL charger like I listed in a previous post.
I bought this charger a year ago. It's meant for AAs though, and not battery packs.

http://www.amazon.com/PowerEx-MH-C90...s=maha+powerex

The one you linked to is meant for battery packs, right?
Old 12-12-2015, 12:03 PM
nuraman00

My backyard would be street / lawn.

If I take it to a track though, that would be indoors.
Old 12-12-2015, 12:07 PM
nuraman00

Originally Posted by SyCo_VeNoM
for making your own vs a RTR
as you don't have a ass ton of parts laying around like some of us do here go RTR
If you start assembling a RC piece by piece you will sometimes be 2X-4X over what a comparable RTR would cost, and not have any issues getting parts, and it will more then likely work 1000X better. This is coming from someone that used to assemble monstrosities every few weeks out of a pile of spare parts even when I had a pile of spares I would sometimes have to buy $50-80 in parts to make it work, and this is not counting electronics for it.

As for that track size it depends smaller ones are generally more technical, for drifters, or smaller scale vehicles. For example the hobby shop that went under by me a few years back put in a track for 1/24th-1/32nd scale vehicles. If you want to compare it to a 1/10th scale vehicle my on road car was wider then the lanes, or my one truck would be like 1/6th the track itself.

My guess is looking at the track size, and that its on a table is it is for Kyosho Mini Z's (which those damn things are EXPENSIVE for their size) like the track my ex LHS had but those tracks are way bigger. Was gonna buy one to race at the shop, but back then they were like $200 for the car alone +$100 for the radio, and battery, and charger were extra(I got nauseated looking at the price).

And if you are curious yes the kyosho mini z would be hobby grade even though its tiny as hell. Basically what makes hobby grade hobby grade is the ability to swap parts out, and customize it. Like if you break a part you can replace it, or if you don't like the electronics you can change them out, or upgrade them.
Thanks.
Old 12-12-2015, 01:02 PM
EXT2Rob

I bought this charger a year ago. It's meant for AAs though, and not battery packs.

http://www.amazon.com/PowerEx-MH-C90...s=maha+powerex

The one you linked to is meant for battery packs, right?
Yes, that Thunder charger I linked is for battery packs.
Old 04-14-2017, 01:14 PM
nuraman00

Just an update on this thread.

One of the rear tires for the Radio Shack Tsauro-X is damaged. It's a Big Beast 110/60 W52 tire. Where can I find a replacement, and how would I install it?

I've still thought about building one at some point, but want to try and repair what I have right now, if I can.
Old 04-15-2017, 08:06 AM
EXT2Rob

That seems like a simple question, but it's not. A number of things to consider. How does the wheel/tire combo attach to the axle? And how does the axle drive the wheel? With a cross pin, or a hex? What are the dimensions of the wheel? Diameter, width, offset? Good luck finding a match, it's hard sometimes. Especially if you're trying to do it online. This is something that you're going to need to see in person to figure out.
Old 04-15-2017, 10:08 AM
nuraman00

That seems like a simple question, but it's not. A number of things to consider. How does the wheel/tire combo attach to the axle? And how does the axle drive the wheel? With a cross pin, or a hex? What are the dimensions of the wheel? Diameter, width, offset? Good luck finding a match, it's hard sometimes. Especially if you're trying to do it online. This is something that you're going to need to see in person to figure out.

Thank you.

When I go to the hobby shop, I will not only ask the store workers questions about potentially building something, but also take my existing RC for how to replace the tire.