Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

new to RC cars

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 08:58 AM
DieHarder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take some pictures of the wiring and the shifted wheels and post them here. When you turn on the truck with the battery fully charged, what color light shows up and is it flashing?

You might just as well keep the charger since it works for you. If you get the one I linked, it's gonna be a little more confusing and will take some setting up. If you already returned the Orion charger, ignore this note and get the one in the link. The DC charger that came with the truck is crap.

Charge the battery at 3 amps. If it gets hot, go back to 2 amps.
Originally Posted by Orim
OK so it came with this charger
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...fuhBoCTQHw_wcB

I will go return it that charger, I charged it on 2 amp tho?

Well I think truck is done, doesn't work at all, I turned it off low voltage when I turned on truck for first time then light was flashing then I tried to reset transmitter wheels got stuck they are shifted to side...and light is on when I turn truck on...
Old 01-04-2016, 03:20 PM
Orim

Originally Posted by DieHarder
Take some pictures of the wiring and the shifted wheels and post them here. When you turn on the truck with the battery fully charged, what color light shows up and is it flashing?

You might just as well keep the charger since it works for you. If you get the one I linked, it's gonna be a little more confusing and will take some setting up. If you already returned the Orion charger, ignore this note and get the one in the link. The DC charger that came with the truck is crap.

Charge the battery at 3 amps. If it gets hot, go back to 2 amps.
Here is pic of shifted wheels

Also wire is lose

So I contacted rc planer they forward me traxxas I spoke on the phone with representative and I had to celled them 3 times never send me email so I could send them back that part so they could fix it so then I went back to page were I bought it and I told them I don't want item anymore haven't reply yet ?
Old 01-04-2016, 08:16 PM
DieHarder

Ok, so as far as the shifted wheels go, you can just straighten them out by turning them back. Are they stuck that way when the truck is on?

That wire is a problem. Does it just push back in? If not, call Traxxas, tell them that you just bought the truck, tell them that it came like that, and tell them that you want to use your 'free of workmanship error' warranty to get the problem fixed. Traxxas customer service associates are stubborn A holes down there in TX. A couple things though, since you've called them three times, use a different phone so they don't know you are the same guy. Don't be mean, cussing, or demanding. Speak your case, tell them your situation (don't admit to being a beginner, they like to scam beginners), and if they won't help you, ask to speak to a manager. The managers tend to be nice so I've found. If they ask you to send it in, tell them you aren't paying to ship the whole truck. They are likely to step up and pay or request that you just send in the ESC (unit with the bad wire).

When you plug in the truck and turn it on, what color light comes on and is it flashing?
Old 01-05-2016, 04:13 AM
Orim

Ok, so as far as the shifted wheels go, you can just straighten them out by turning them back. Are they stuck that way when the truck is on?

That wire is a problem. Does it just push back in? If not, call Traxxas, tell them that you just bought the truck, tell them that it came like that, and tell them that you want to use your 'free of workmanship error' warranty to get the problem fixed. Traxxas customer service associates are stubborn A holes down there in TX. A couple things though, since you've called them three times, use a different phone so they don't know you are the same guy. Don't be mean, cussing, or demanding. Speak your case, tell them your situation (don't admit to being a beginner, they like to scam beginners), and if they won't help you, ask to speak to a manager. The managers tend to be nice so I've found. If they ask you to send it in, tell them you aren't paying to ship the whole truck. They are likely to step up and pay or request that you just send in the ESC (unit with the bad wire).

When you plug in the truck and turn it on, what color light comes on and is it flashing?
i cant move them they are stuck, only they move if i turn on transmitter that littel button steering on the side,
yes it is, well i had to call from my phone i was at work, but i will call them today again and have to speak to manager yes you are rite they are stubborn a holes haha

light is just red and truck wont move.

thank you for all your help!!!

Ok so i am sending truck back tomorrow.

Last edited by Orim; 01-05-2016 at 07:03 PM.
Old 01-06-2016, 06:21 AM
DieHarder

Cool, did they offer to pay shipping or no?
Ok so i am sending truck back tomorrow.
Old 01-06-2016, 07:32 AM
Orim

No I am returning everything but no restock fees tho ?

now is question what to get and where? hm

is this a good deal? http://www.rcplanet.com/traxxas-stam...67086-3com.htm

Last edited by Orim; 01-06-2016 at 01:56 PM.
Old 01-07-2016, 05:35 PM
DieHarder

I wouldn't buy another one from the same place. RC Planet offers too many combos of the same truck IMO. If you want to get the same truck, I would suggest getting the one at Tower Hobbies even though they don't do coupons on Traxxas Products.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXFKYR**&P=ML

They may not have the best prices, but they do have some good customer service. The one in the link comes with a 4A charger, much better than the 2A you got with the other one.

Although after all this posting, I think you should deeply think about how much you really want to plow. One thing I've found, is that neither full size pickups nor RC trucks are actually 'built' to push a plow. A good hard plowing session will give any truck a beating. Only the strong ones can take it. In the case of RC, all plowing sessions are hard and because of the scale, they take a serious SERIOUS beating.

For example, plowing a foot of snow in a full size 3/4T pickup is tough going! Most commercial plow trucks break every year, it's just what happens. Plowing two feet of snow is nearly impossible. Now if you take that down to 1/10th scale, you're looking at 1.2" being tough going and 2.4" nearly impossible. Now, with light, fluffy snow, my RC plow can do about 4" max. It can barely push it and the truck takes beating, sometimes breaking. An RC plow isn't going to do your whole driveway, and even if it did, there is no way you could plow with it all winter. After you get 5"-6" of snow or more, you're screwed and will have to go back to your old way of snow removal. You also have to charge it, and it doesn't do a ton of plowing on a charge because it's using so much more power when under such a load.

Bottom line - Snow beats on plows. You might struggle to keep your plow setup going. Here's the other downer, you can only drive your RC plow truck so many times before it just gets plain boring. Drive forward, lift the blade, back up, offset, drop the blade, drive forward, then repeat... All RCs get boring after so much time, plow trucks get boring much faster. They are fun for the first few dustings of snow at the beginning of the season, but after that you'll be abandoning it until spring.

So I'm not telling you that you shouldn't plow, I'm just trying to let you know about what it will be like when you get a plow truck going. You have to have a 'scale passion', and a strong one, to be able to plow even ten or fifteen times a winter. I think you should base your decision on what truck to get by planning on running it more in the summer and other parts of the year.

If you want to plow and bash in the other seasons, buy the Stampede. If you want to forget plowing and feel satisfied with watching RC plowing on YouTube (sometimes I do this to satisfy my want for something. Funny how it works too, then I don't have to buy it. ), get a serious-fun bashing truck. Just think about all this a little...
No I am returning everything but no restock fees tho ?

now is question what to get and where? hm

is this a good deal? http://www.rcplanet.com/traxxas-stam...67086-3com.htm

Last edited by DieHarder; 01-07-2016 at 05:38 PM.
Old 01-07-2016, 07:09 PM
Orim

I wouldn't buy another one from the same place. RC Planet offers too many combos of the same truck IMO. If you want to get the same truck, I would suggest getting the one at Tower Hobbies even though they don't do coupons on Traxxas Products.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXFKYR**&P=ML

They may not have the best prices, but they do have some good customer service. The one in the link comes with a 4A charger, much better than the 2A you got with the other one.

Although after all this posting, I think you should deeply think about how much you really want to plow. One thing I've found, is that neither full size pickups nor RC trucks are actually 'built' to push a plow. A good hard plowing session will give any truck a beating. Only the strong ones can take it. In the case of RC, all plowing sessions are hard and because of the scale, they take a serious SERIOUS beating.

For example, plowing a foot of snow in a full size 3/4T pickup is tough going! Most commercial plow trucks break every year, it's just what happens. Plowing two feet of snow is nearly impossible. Now if you take that down to 1/10th scale, you're looking at 1.2" being tough going and 2.4" nearly impossible. Now, with light, fluffy snow, my RC plow can do about 4" max. It can barely push it and the truck takes beating, sometimes breaking. An RC plow isn't going to do your whole driveway, and even if it did, there is no way you could plow with it all winter. After you get 5"-6" of snow or more, you're screwed and will have to go back to your old way of snow removal. You also have to charge it, and it doesn't do a ton of plowing on a charge because it's using so much more power when under such a load.

Bottom line - Snow beats on plows. You might struggle to keep your plow setup going. Here's the other downer, you can only drive your RC plow truck so many times before it just gets plain boring. Drive forward, lift the blade, back up, offset, drop the blade, drive forward, then repeat... All RCs get boring after so much time, plow trucks get boring much faster. They are fun for the first few dustings of snow at the beginning of the season, but after that you'll be abandoning it until spring.

So I'm not telling you that you shouldn't plow, I'm just trying to let you know about what it will be like when you get a plow truck going. You have to have a 'scale passion', and a strong one, to be able to plow even ten or fifteen times a winter. I think you should base your decision on what truck to get by planning on running it more in the summer and other parts of the year.

If you want to plow and bash in the other seasons, buy the Stampede. If you want to forget plowing and feel satisfied with watching RC plowing on YouTube (sometimes I do this to satisfy my want for something. Funny how it works too, then I don't have to buy it. ), get a serious-fun bashing truck. Just think about all this a little...

oh wow thanks so much for explanation well i guess i would just plow for fun not like a routine LOL
i bet it would take lot of toll on truck and parts! yea is nice to watch it on youtube
so if i would chose for no snow plow RC then what would be my other option to get and have some bashing fan?

so i returned charger.

is this apply to any purchases http://www.towerhobbies.com/tow_ecash.html

what charger should i get ? is this a good one https://traxxas.com/products/parts/c...peakplus4ampid

Last edited by Orim; 01-11-2016 at 08:30 AM.
Old 01-11-2016, 05:51 PM
DieHarder

I'm thinking to keep costs in the right neighborhood, a 1/8 4wd buggy would be a sweet basher for you. What kind of terrain would you be running it on mainly? A 1/8 4X4 monster truck would be the ultimate, but after battery and charger costs, they usually land in the $600-$800 range. So if you were to get a buggy, I'd recommend one of the Ofna buggies, like the Hyper SSe

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXEDYL&P=7

You can get $38 off this kit with coupon code: 410GF and it comes with free shipping. So that brings it to $327. Pick up a couple SPC batteries for $60, throw in a $60 charger, and you're ready to rock at $447. You can upgrade tires/rims later for another $70 or so.

That buggy is a pretty decent basher for the $$$. If you want a monster truck or something bigger and badder, you'd be looking at $600 or so with batteries and a charger. This buggy may not look like a lot, but she's really pretty badass. Look around on Tower Hobbies and Amain, pick out some trucks you like and I/others can help guide your decision. This is of course if you don't want the Stampede, which also a pretty mean ride.
Old 01-11-2016, 06:46 PM
Orim

not bad but i like this one http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXETFFGG&P=7

i guess in park i would use it? can i go race with buggy like that?

over here is for 269 http://www.eofna.com/Hyper-SSe-RTR-E...y_p_18105.html
is it same one?

Last edited by Orim; 01-12-2016 at 06:14 AM.
Old 01-12-2016, 09:26 AM
DieHarder

That Arrma Raider is 2WD and it's not too shabby. I wouldn't call it high end or extreme, but it's a decent starter.

Yeah, a buggy can race in a park. If you plan to run in some grass, 1/8 scale and 4wd are almost necessary.

I would hesitate to buy from that place. For one, they don't take PayPal (PayPal is 5-star when it comes to returns and buyer protection), and they are selling the thing way cheap. Usually when something is too good to be true, it is. These are all just my opinions though, if you really want to buy there, go ahead, but I can't recommend it. It appears to be the same model as the one on Tower.
not bad but i like this one http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXETFFGG&P=7

i guess in park i would use it? can i go race with buggy like that?

over here is for 269 http://www.eofna.com/Hyper-SSe-RTR-E...y_p_18105.html
is it same one?
Old 01-13-2016, 08:17 AM
Orim

That Arrma Raider is 2WD and it's not too shabby. I wouldn't call it high end or extreme, but it's a decent starter.

Yeah, a buggy can race in a park. If you plan to run in some grass, 1/8 scale and 4wd are almost necessary.

I would hesitate to buy from that place. For one, they don't take PayPal (PayPal is 5-star when it comes to returns and buyer protection), and they are selling the thing way cheap. Usually when something is too good to be true, it is. These are all just my opinions though, if you really want to buy there, go ahead, but I can't recommend it. It appears to be the same model as the one on Tower.
over here same price tho just different color ?
http://www.nitrohouse.com/Hyper-SSe-...e_p_16773.html
Old 01-14-2016, 06:15 AM
DieHarder

That one looks cool. And they take PayPal, so I'd say that's a good listing.
over here same price tho just different color ?
http://www.nitrohouse.com/Hyper-SSe-...e_p_16773.html
Old 01-14-2016, 07:43 AM
Orim

That one looks cool. And they take PayPal, so I'd say that's a good listing.
other link they take as well paypal tho? is it nitrohouse better site? car is OFN14361 so it is same one just different color?

also it has waterproofed parts? can i ran it when is raining or snowing?

what would be the best batteries and charger for this buggy? i found this batteries

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0095p?FVPROFIL=&FVSEARCH=DuraTrax+LiPo+7.4V+Onyx+5000mAh+25C+Hard+ Case+Battery+with+Deans+Plug+DTXC1864

battery that i got for stampede wont work rite?

Last edited by Orim; 01-14-2016 at 10:48 AM.
Old 01-14-2016, 01:31 PM
DieHarder

Nitrohouse is a decent site and they take PayPal. The first site that you linked did not take PayPal. Yes, it is the same car. Yes, the model number has one digit different because it is blue instead of the orange one at Tower Hobbies. It is NOT waterproof, but will accept careful snow and wet driving. Ice drifting would be more fun and less of a gamble than snow running.

As for batteries, it requires two 2S batteries with a deans connector. The battery you that you bought for the Stampede was one of the correct batteries, but had the wrong connector. Unless you can solder a Deans connector on the battery, I would suggest returning it and buying two of these batteries:

SPC 2S 40C 5000mah - http://spcracingbatteries.com/index....2S+40C+5000mah

Because this setup uses two batteries, I think you would rather have a dual charger that can charge both batteries at the same time instead of just charging one at a time. This will cut charging time in half. I've heard good things about this charger:

Hitec X2 Charger - http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFLVA

Use coupon code: 410GB and it'll take $14 off. You'll also need two charging harnesses like these:

Venom Deans Charging Leads - http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBCVZ&P=7

Bringing the total to $101.97 for your charger setup. The batteries will be $61.90 including shipping. The buggy is $269.99 with free shipping. That brings your total to:

$101.97
$61.90
+ $269.99
$433.86

Which is a pretty darn good deal for a 1/8 buggy and everything you need to go with it.

other link they take as well paypal tho? is it nitrohouse better site? car is OFN14361 so it is same one just different color?

also it has waterproofed parts? can i ran it when is raining or snowing?

what would be the best batteries and charger for this buggy? i found this batteries

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0095p?FVPROFIL=&FVSEARCH=DuraTrax+LiPo+7.4V+Onyx+5000mAh+25C+Hard+ Case+Battery+with+Deans+Plug+DTXC1864

battery that i got for stampede wont work rite?

Old 01-15-2016, 10:43 AM
Orim

Nitrohouse is a decent site and they take PayPal. The first site that you linked did not take PayPal. Yes, it is the same car. Yes, the model number has one digit different because it is blue instead of the orange one at Tower Hobbies. It is NOT waterproof, but will accept careful snow and wet driving. Ice drifting would be more fun and less of a gamble than snow running.

As for batteries, it requires two 2S batteries with a deans connector. The battery you that you bought for the Stampede was one of the correct batteries, but had the wrong connector. Unless you can solder a Deans connector on the battery, I would suggest returning it and buying two of these batteries:

SPC 2S 40C 5000mah - http://spcracingbatteries.com/index....2S+40C+5000mah

also i will need this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fireproof-RC...-/221703041914

Because this setup uses two batteries, I think you would rather have a dual charger that can charge both batteries at the same time instead of just charging one at a time. This will cut charging time in half. I've heard good things about this charger:

Hitec X2 Charger - http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFLVA

Use coupon code: 410GB and it'll take $14 off. You'll also need two charging harnesses like these:

Venom Deans Charging Leads - http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBCVZ&P=7

Bringing the total to $101.97 for your charger setup. The batteries will be $61.90 including shipping. The buggy is $269.99 with free shipping. That brings your total to:

$101.97
$61.90
+ $269.99
$433.86

Which is a pretty darn good deal for a 1/8 buggy and everything you need to go with it.
oh ok cool thanks for calculation it helped a lot sucks that i wont be able to run it over snow since i am kinda new to this i dont want to mess it up and then go to shop and have them something to repair it so i am thinking to go safe road and go with stampede?
which charger would be good one for truck ?
http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-...p-1000/p217519
or http://www.hobbypartz.com/73p-ac680-accharger.html
will i need with either one this connector or will that be included? http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/311391211116?ul_noapp=true&chn=ps&lpid=82

Last edited by Orim; 01-15-2016 at 11:52 AM.
Old 01-15-2016, 02:56 PM
DieHarder

I highly recommend the Thunder AC680 over the other one you linked. Hobbypartz.com is a great site too, buy right from them.

Stampede sounds good to me, they're good trucks for sure!

You will need that Traxxas to Banana adapter/lead to charge because the AC680 doesn't come with a Traxxas plug. I'm guessing that the banana size is 4mm which is standard, so the one you linked should work. But this one is a little better and cheaper - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-Styl...YAAOSw-7RVCNei

I personally don't buy fireproof lipo bags. Imo, they cause more fires than they prevent. Nobody really has lipo fires anymore. They're quite rare and are usually due to user error. If you're are paranoid like some guys, then definitely buy it. But if you're not afraid of batteries, it will be more of a hassle and it's not necessary.
oh ok cool thanks for calculation it helped a lot sucks that i wont be able to run it over snow since i am kinda new to this i dont want to mess it up and then go to shop and have them something to repair it so i am thinking to go safe road and go with stampede?
which charger would be good one for truck ?
http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-...p-1000/p217519
or http://www.hobbypartz.com/73p-ac680-accharger.html
will i need with either one this connector or will that be included? http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/311391211116?ul_noapp=true&chn=ps&lpid=82

Last edited by DieHarder; 01-15-2016 at 02:59 PM.
Old 01-15-2016, 05:41 PM
Orim

I highly recommend the Thunder AC680 over the other one you linked. Hobbypartz.com is a great site too, buy right from them.

Stampede sounds good to me, they're good trucks for sure!

You will need that Traxxas to Banana adapter/lead to charge because the AC680 doesn't come with a Traxxas plug. I'm guessing that the banana size is 4mm which is standard, so the one you linked should work. But this one is a little better and cheaper - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-Styl...YAAOSw-7RVCNei

I personally don't buy fireproof lipo bags. Imo, they cause more fires than they prevent. Nobody really has lipo fires anymore. They're quite rare and are usually due to user error. If you're are paranoid like some guys, then definitely buy it. But if you're not afraid of batteries, it will be more of a hassle and it's not necessary.
ok great so i will order that charger from hobbypartz and get stampede.
so i wont get that lipo bag lol that what they told me in rc store about that bag...

yes they are nice trucks but that customer service sucks hahah
Old 01-16-2016, 04:46 PM
DieHarder

Sounds good. Yeah, the fireproof bag is supposedly a safety thing. I think an ammo box would do a better job, but neither is really necessary. Just charge on a countertop or a surface that would be hard to melt down or catch fire. It's extremely unlikely to do so unless you hook it up wrong, but just for safety purposes. I just want to clarify that ultimately if somehow your house burns down, I'm not responsible. lol

Agreed, Traxxas customer support isn't the greatest... But there is tons and TONS of aftermarket parts and options for the ever-so-popular Stampede. It's upgrading options (not that it really needs any out of the box) are nearly endless.
ok great so i will order that charger from hobbypartz and get stampede.
so i wont get that lipo bag lol that what they told me in rc store about that bag...

yes they are nice trucks but that customer service sucks hahah
Old 01-17-2016, 06:18 PM
Orim

Sounds good. Yeah, the fireproof bag is supposedly a safety thing. I think an ammo box would do a better job, but neither is really necessary. Just charge on a countertop or a surface that would be hard to melt down or catch fire. It's extremely unlikely to do so unless you hook it up wrong, but just for safety purposes. I just want to clarify that ultimately if somehow your house burns down, I'm not responsible. lol

Agreed, Traxxas customer support isn't the greatest... But there is tons and TONS of aftermarket parts and options for the ever-so-popular Stampede. It's upgrading options (not that it really needs any out of the box) are nearly endless.
ok so i will charge it on counter top in kitchen then clean surface, i just ordered truck so it should be here sometimes this week, with charger as well,
thank you for all your time and help!!!
Old 01-19-2016, 08:22 AM
DieHarder

Sweet man! Hopefully this one isn't defective like the other truck. Yeah, countertop charging is what I do, nothing special.

No problem, it's what the forums are here for.
ok so i will charge it on counter top in kitchen then clean surface, i just ordered truck so it should be here sometimes this week, with charger as well,
thank you for all your time and help!!!
Old 01-19-2016, 12:04 PM
Orim

Sweet man! Hopefully this one isn't defective like the other truck. Yeah, countertop charging is what I do, nothing special.

No problem, it's what the forums are here for.
yep hope so too LOL
as i said when i went to RC shop they told me yeah you should get that lipo bag,,, thats why i asked?
yea so i will wait when it comes and then i will charge battery first then put in truck?
Old 01-19-2016, 05:14 PM
DieHarder

Yes, when it shows up, charge your SPC lipo battery with the new charger from HobbyPartz. Don't use the battery that comes with the truck.

As far as which rate to charge the lipo at, there is a formula. But instead of getting into that, you can pretty much just charge a lipo at the mah rating on the it. For example, say you had a 3600mah lipo. You would charge it at 3.6A. In your case, you bought a 5000mah. So you should charge it at 5A. That will result in it taking about an hour to charge.

After you charge your battery, put it in the truck as the directions show and turn on the ESC as the directions show. You will have to turn on the Low Voltage Cutoff (LVC) protection (if it's not on already) because you are using a lipo. Follow the directions in the manual for this. If you can't get the LVC to turn on (light on ESC should be green), don't run the truck very long or at all until you get the LVC to come on. If you run the truck for awhile without LVC turned on, the lipo battery will drain past a stable voltage and will likely cause the battery some damage.

Once you get the LVC on and have followed the directed setup instructions for trims and dual rates adjustments, you should be good to go.
yep hope so too LOL
as i said when i went to RC shop they told me yeah you should get that lipo bag,,, thats why i asked?
yea so i will wait when it comes and then i will charge battery first then put in truck?
Old 01-22-2016, 05:51 AM
Orim

Yes, when it shows up, charge your SPC lipo battery with the new charger from HobbyPartz. Don't use the battery that comes with the truck.

As far as which rate to charge the lipo at, there is a formula. But instead of getting into that, you can pretty much just charge a lipo at the mah rating on the it. For example, say you had a 3600mah lipo. You would charge it at 3.6A. In your case, you bought a 5000mah. So you should charge it at 5A. That will result in it taking about an hour to charge.

After you charge your battery, put it in the truck as the directions show and turn on the ESC as the directions show. You will have to turn on the Low Voltage Cutoff (LVC) protection (if it's not on already) because you are using a lipo. Follow the directions in the manual for this. If you can't get the LVC to turn on (light on ESC should be green), don't run the truck very long or at all until you get the LVC to come on. If you run the truck for awhile without LVC turned on, the lipo battery will drain past a stable voltage and will likely cause the battery some damage.

Once you get the LVC on and have followed the directed setup instructions for trims and dual rates adjustments, you should be good to go.

so truck just came, i only charged NiMh battery cuz charger didnt come yet tho, i hooked it up and its nice but its so strong that wheels just spinning/slipping? when its accelerate or when reverse.
Old 01-22-2016, 01:48 PM
DieHarder

From what you're saying, I take it that you charged up the NiMh battery that came with the truck. Then you put it in the truck and ran it. And you're saying that the truck has a lot of torque and power, in which the tires spin and slip a lot on the ground (lose of traction)? This is normal (if that's what you're asking).

Are the tires slipping on the ground? Or is there slippage in the drivetrain between the motor and the tires? If there is slippage between the tires and the ground, that's just normal. You can get better tires for it that offer more traction. When you run the 2S lipo, it will have loads more power and even more lose of traction.

But if you're saying that there is slippage in the truck's drivetrain, then you probably need to tighten up the slipper clutch.
so truck just came, i only charged NiMh battery cuz charger didnt come yet tho, i hooked it up and its nice but its so strong that wheels just spinning/slipping? when its accelerate or when reverse.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.