Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Please help with value - looking to sell and not in the hobby

Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Please help with value - looking to sell and not in the hobby

Old 01-13-2016, 10:53 AM
iwear40cal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help with value - looking to sell and not in the hobby

I came here once before and was able to get the info I needed to sell some rc cars for a friend. I am hoping you guys can help once again. I am trying to sell this car for a buddy. This one is not electric though it is gas and from what I was told all it needs is "servos all around" and a remote. Also a body I suppose. Anyways, I am looking for any info on the car that will help me with the eBay description and also determine a value. This needs to be a quick sale so looking for a fair price for both buyer and seller. Also looking to determine the value of what I was told was a starter box (no batteries) and a couple chargers as well as what looks like a partially built car. Any help greatly appreciated, please see photobucket file below for pictures of these items, thank you in advance!

http://s249.photobucket.com/user/akr...rary/rc%20cars
Old 01-13-2016, 11:06 AM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by iwear40cal
I came here once before and was able to get the info I needed to sell some rc cars for a friend. I am hoping you guys can help once again. I am trying to sell this car for a buddy. This one is not electric though it is gas and from what I was told all it needs is "servos all around" and a remote. Also a body I suppose. Anyways, I am looking for any info on the car that will help me with the eBay description and also determine a value. This needs to be a quick sale so looking for a fair price for both buyer and seller. Also looking to determine the value of what I was told was a starter box (no batteries) and a couple chargers as well as what looks like a partially built car. Any help greatly appreciated, please see photobucket file below for pictures of these items, thank you in advance!
http://s249.photobucket.com/user/akr...rary/rc%20cars
The Nitro Vehicle appears to be a Hyper 9 and the starter box is from Ofna. Refer to Nitrohouse.com for the new cost on those items, but a used Nitro is not a good buy usually. I would sell it without the engine as a running engine since you don't know if it runs, do you? I have no clue what the partial build is.
Old 01-13-2016, 11:13 AM
iwear40cal

Originally Posted by mattster1971
The Nitro Vehicle appears to be a Hyper 9 and the starter box is from Ofna. Refer to Nitrohouse.com for the new cost on those items, but a used Nitro is not a good buy usually. I would sell it without the engine as a running engine since you don't know if it runs, do you? I have no clue what the partial build is.
He says it runs. He knows 100% for sure it worked a little less than a year ago but it's been sitting since... He was saying something about it having "tight compression" and that made him think the engine was in fact still in good working condition. Thanks
Old 01-13-2016, 11:57 AM
cbaker65

Originally Posted by iwear40cal
He says it runs. He knows 100% for sure it worked a little less than a year ago but it's been sitting since... He was saying something about it having "tight compression" and that made him think the engine was in fact still in good working condition. Thanks
That's a nice batch of rc's!..

Its hard to put a value on the stuff when you don't know it personally!
We all know its worth something ,as an a serious rcer ,they would definitely make it worth their while!

I freq on E-bay a lot ,an Ive seen the prices on stuff like that,an its shocking to me to see so many people out
there willing to fight over it in a auction.

I would simply run it through an Ebay auction ,Lol...You would be surprised to see how much you can actually
get out of it!...
Old 01-13-2016, 12:26 PM
iwear40cal

Originally Posted by cbaker65
That's a nice batch of rc's!..

Its hard to put a value on the stuff when you don't know it personally!
We all know its worth something ,as an a serious rcer ,they would definitely make it worth their while!

I freq on E-bay a lot ,an Ive seen the prices on stuff like that,an its shocking to me to see so many people out
there willing to fight over it in a auction.

I would simply run it through an Ebay auction ,Lol...You would be surprised to see how much you can actually
get out of it!...
Yeah the person that owned these was VERY much into the hobby.
Here are the other cars that he owned, these have been sold for a while now but the people who bought them all told me the cars were great and definitely owned by someone that knew what they were doing. That is why I am confident this thing runs.
http://s249.photobucket.com/user/akr...arts/rc%20cars