Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.
View Poll Results: Build Log?
Yes
100.00%
Nah
0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

1969 Dodge Charger

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 12:03 AM
mowin0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1969 Dodge Charger

This is a custom project that I did a while ago. I had the build thread up on a Chinese RC forum, but since I could not find any other projects similar to it, I figured I might as well share some nice still shots. Enjoy!

Under the hood, there is a 3660 4pole with a 80 amp esc, all 1/8 class hardware, with the option of a 2 or 3 cell lipo. (Carbon fiber front/rear undertray not pictured below)

Currently it is running rwd (just like the real deal!), but I am probably going to convert it to a 4wd soon. There was lots of design/manufacturing with 3D printing, including magnetic body mounts. If yall are interested I can post more pics, perhaps write up a build log.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.JPG
Views:	5531
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	2144960   Click image for larger version

Name:	image1 (1).JPG
Views:	4043
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	2144961   Click image for larger version

Name:	image4.JPG
Views:	25153
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	2144962   Click image for larger version

Name:	image1 (2).JPG
Views:	2372
Size:	2.37 MB
ID:	2144963  
Old 02-03-2016, 07:12 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Used some 3D printing, huh? What parts did you print? What type of material used?
Old 02-04-2016, 07:29 AM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I love the body. Beautiful R/T Charger. I have a 2013 real Charger R/T in life. IT is a pain in the butt and will soon be at the used car dealer for him to pawn off on some lucky person lol. I hate the ECO elimination of the 4 cylinders from 8 when rpms fall. It doesn't go between easily , and regardless of the dealer saying it is operating properly I don't believe a word of it. AND.. I had trouble with the transmission from the first day. They had to replace a torque converter in the trans. It still slips. I am getting rid of it before warranty expires. SO angry at that dealer, won't ever use them again.
Old 02-04-2016, 10:53 AM
DieHarder

Shoulda got the Hellcat...
Originally Posted by mattster1971
I love the body. Beautiful R/T Charger. I have a 2013 real Charger R/T in life. IT is a pain in the butt and will soon be at the used car dealer for him to pawn off on some lucky person lol. I hate the ECO elimination of the 4 cylinders from 8 when rpms fall. It doesn't go between easily , and regardless of the dealer saying it is operating properly I don't believe a word of it. AND.. I had trouble with the transmission from the first day. They had to replace a torque converter in the trans. It still slips. I am getting rid of it before warranty expires. SO angry at that dealer, won't ever use them again.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:54 AM
mattster1971

Originally Posted by DieHarder
Shoulda got the Hellcat...
Oh my I wish DieHarder but it wasn't out when I got mine in 2013 plus I dont think I could have afforded it.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:55 AM
mattster1971

Originally Posted by EXT2Rob
Used some 3D printing, huh? What parts did you print? What type of material used?
Did I see magnetic mounts for the body? best way not to have mounting holes.
Old 02-04-2016, 03:06 PM
mowin0

Did I see magnetic mounts for the body? best way not to have mounting holes.
Yea, I designed the mounts so that the body surface stays intact; The neodynium magnets are also super strong, I could lift the whole car by holding onto the body
Old 02-05-2016, 10:26 AM
mattster1971

Originally Posted by mowin0
Yea, I designed the mounts so that the body surface stays intact; The neodynium magnets are also super strong, I could lift the whole car by holding onto the body
LOL I feel so stupid, you wrote right in the description that they were magnetic mounts, but I didn't read that. Anyway its a nice looking car. You have some fabrication skills. What are the resistors for that I see toward the rear of the car, attached by the shock tower?
Old 02-05-2016, 02:19 PM
mowin0

LOL I feel so stupid, you wrote right in the description that they were magnetic mounts, but I didn't read that. Anyway its a nice looking car. You have some fabrication skills. What are the resistors for that I see toward the rear of the car, attached by the shock tower?
Thanks man, the resistors are for my receiver, since I modded my controller into a 2.4ghz, but the receiver seems to lose power to the servos sometimes, so the resistors help prevent that