Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Traxxas Stampede Steering Adjustment

Old 02-19-2016, 06:24 AM
VTJoeK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas Stampede Steering Adjustment

Welcome thread here

Now I have my Stampede 4x4 VXL truck. Within 10 minutes of charging I was up and running with the kids in the backyard. I see some real fun in our future.

Truck was used so there are some things to fix. Battery bar is missing a screw so we bounced the battery off pretty fast in the backyard. The plastic body also has been trashed pretty good and I'll fix it after we get a little better...lol. But I'm looking for a good thread for adjusting the steering or something to read about taking it all apart in general. The steering adjustment on the remote has to be turned all the way to one side to align the tires so it drives straight. The wheels are pigeon toed a bit too. It appears the original owner did some bashing and ended up replacing some of the parts and maybe didn't know how to put it together.

This thread on Traxxas forums seems like a great start even if things got a little hot argueing over using a caliper versus a ruler with mm precision. We will be running this truck almost purely in the backyard on grass or bumpy dirt terrain so exact precision seems unnecessary. A basic guide for taking it all apart though would be great. Does Traxxas have a guide like that for the Stampede? Nevermind...looked through manual and found some things so now I guess I'd just like tips I won't find anywhere else.
Old 02-19-2016, 07:19 AM
Redjet78

It seem to me and what i know with my stampede trucks etc is set the radio steering to middle and then your steering servo where its doing to be in the middle from left and right and from there adjust your tierods from there that should work and your toe for camber adjustment is in the tierods if you have them i don't know if you have fixed camber or not but you tierods you can make your adjustments there for wheels in or out side to side hope that works for you good luck, Redjet78
serv
Old 02-19-2016, 07:23 AM
Redjet78

And one other thind if you have your owners manual if came with truck look up the parts your missing on e bay bu there numbers i have found everything i need there at a great price most better than your local hobby shop. And good luck with that,Redjet78
Old 02-19-2016, 04:39 PM
VTJoeK

Reading up it seems that you want some toe-in and some negative camber so I'll have to check it out when I have the truck in front of me.

Also I think I likely just need to turn the truck on and then adjust the connection to the servo when it is on and centered. The should get it real close. Thanks for the tips.
Old 02-19-2016, 09:43 PM
Redjet78

Your welcome i hope it works for you have good one!!! Redjet78