Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Thunder Tiger MT4 G3 Newbie Mistake...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Thunder Tiger MT4 G3 Newbie Mistake...

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 06:39 PM
sahmad786

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thunder Tiger MT4 G3 Newbie Mistake...

I bought a brand new MT4 G3 from Ebay and it came with a single battery: Pro 3s 5200mah 50c lipo Battery.
As I need 2 of these, I decided to buy another one of them.

After researching, it appears that 6s will tear up my brand MT4 G3 pretty bad. I want to enjoy my G3 for at least a couple of months before I start investing in upgrades or repairs. Is that even possible when running 2 3s batteries?

Can anyone help me in how to setup my G3 to handle the 2 3s batteries in completely stock form yet at the same time, enjoy my RC. I'm not interested in speed runs...just want to bash it and do jumps.

FYI, I'm completely brand new to the RC world so any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Old 03-11-2016, 04:13 AM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Head over to wondertiger.com, tons of MT4 info over there. But the basics of brushless durability are to shim the diffs for the best possible mesh which equals more durability.

Another thing, unless you know the history of the 3s that was included I wouldn't use it. When using two 3s packs for 6s the packs should be the same and should have similar usage. Otherwise one pack can discharge faster and go below 3.0v per cell which is not good for lipos. The esc has a cutoff to prevent this but it only reads the average voltage of the whole pack not the voltage of the individual cells. So I'd shelf that 3s that was included and buy new packs. From what I've read about the MT4 I'd stick with 4s or 5s Max as others who have run 6s seem to tear up diffs even after carefully shimming them.
Old 04-06-2016, 02:12 PM
The Saylors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with overdrive. Pretty much every vehicle aside from the xmaxx that says 6s ready are usually safest on 4s. I'm sure there are a couple other exceptions to that rule but i have never seen them in person.