Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Hello all

Old 03-31-2016, 09:19 AM
DreamOfFlying

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello all

Hi everybody,
Im new here and hope to find some info. I have had a Duratrax Warhead EVO for a while and am finally getting it back driving again. But i am having trouble finding parts and dont really know what path to go down to get it right. I can get it to run, and i know it needs to be tuned but within 3-5 mins of running it chews the spur gear to nothing. Also my spur gear is terribly work from running a metal spur gear. I am going to begin a complete tear down tonight from front to back and go through the entire truck. Thanks for any advice anyone may possibly give. Also I bought a Traxxas Stampede VXL 4x4 last friday and love it but have aleady broken the axles. I am only running the NIMH batteries but i guess im too rough. Any helpful advice on electrics is appreciated as well.

Thanks again
London
Old 03-31-2016, 09:49 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Greetings, mate, and welcome to the boards!

Look up some after market axles for the Stampede, you're not the only one to blow the stockers.

On the DTX, you may have to search far and wide for those parts (try Amazon, yeah, really) as it looks like Duratrax is going bye bye. They discontinued the Evader that they've been making for 20 years, and the only vehicle left in the Duratrax stable is the 835 buggy. I think Horizon Hobby is going to let Duratrax become an RC hardware retail arm selling chargers and batteries, wheels and tires and other pit gear, but not cars. But that's just my impression and opinion.
Old 03-31-2016, 01:42 PM
DreamOfFlying

Awesome thank you for the info there is still some stuff out there for the warhead. I'm hoping I don't find anything major tonight when I tear it down. Is there anyone on here near Cleveland county North Carolina I could possibly hook up with and Learn more from. Also is it possible to use an airplane battery in an rc car?
Old 03-31-2016, 02:06 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, the batteries are generally the same. As long as the capacity, voltage, discharge rate, and connectors match up, you can use them in any RC vehicle.
Old 04-12-2016, 03:56 PM
DreamOfFlying

Would anyone be interested in buying the warhead Evo and enough parts to build a second one? Or trade for rc stuff?