Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

RC car with broken steering hub?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 10:02 AM
cpgoose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC car with broken steering hub?

Hi folks,

We received this older buggy as a hand-me-down, so we don't know much about it like how old it is, or if it's a Tamiya? Anywho, it's very quick and we drove it right into a curb! Ouch! The piece that connects the steering wheel broke. I took it to a hobby shop, but they didn't have the piece. He said it might be called a steering hub, but he wasn't sure.

See attached picture of the broken white plastic piece. I've also included a picture of the other piece that's NOT broken so you can see what it should look like.

Any ideas if I can find this part anywhere?

Thanks!
JP

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3455.JPG
Views:	884
Size:	795.4 KB
ID:	2158240   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3465.JPG
Views:	332
Size:	398.4 KB
ID:	2158241   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3466.JPG
Views:	236
Size:	441.6 KB
ID:	2158242   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3467.JPG
Views:	249
Size:	445.3 KB
ID:	2158243  
Old 04-20-2016, 11:33 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

If I'm not mistaken, Tamiya Fast Attack? lt has the classic looking Tamiya front bumper. My smartphone isn't too smart to make images bigger.
Old 04-20-2016, 12:24 PM
cpgoose

Wow, you're good. I looked up the Fast Attack and I think you're right. They look the same. I looked in the manual and the part I'm looking for appears to be the "Upright", or part #BA15. See attached snippet from the manual.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	manual.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	2158256  
Old 04-20-2016, 01:03 PM
RustyUs

Fast Attack Parts List....HERE

Front Uprights/steering knuckle/steering block...HERE

Nice hand-me-down. There was a re-release of the Fast Attack awhile back (2011?). There is even a newer version with shark mouth.

Last edited by RustyUs; 04-20-2016 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Added Links
Old 04-20-2016, 01:32 PM
RustyUs

I'd order parts from Tower Hobbies. They normally got a great deal on shipping when ordering small parts. If ordering in larger quantities, they offer a quantity discount below the item picture.

I order (I shop around too much ) a lot from their sister company, Omni Models, on eBay. Many times those prices are even cheaper than Tower Hobbies.
Old 04-20-2016, 04:45 PM
cpgoose

Wow I can't believe I found a part for a car that's this old. Thanks again everyone.
Old 04-21-2016, 10:46 AM
The Saylors

lol not everyone just rusty! He always knows his stuff!
Old 04-21-2016, 03:31 PM
RustyUs

Originally Posted by The Saylors
lol not everyone just rusty! He always knows his stuff!
I've been around the block once or twice . Insomnia and the www have lead to a lot of miles on my laptop's mouse. I grew up and started out in the hobby during that 80's time zone and was fascinated by Tamiya's RC artwork on the boxes.

Originally Posted by cpgoose
Wow I can't believe I found a part for a car that's this old. Thanks again everyone.
That's one thing great about re-releases...parts supply.

Before I leave this thread, I have to post a link to one guy's extreme Fast Attack transformation with help from modern 3D printing of course: James Knight's Desert Patrol Vehicle
Old 05-06-2016, 11:44 AM
The Saylors

I can totally understand the box art thing. Thats one of things i like a lot about the axial stuff, beautiful packaging to the point were you never want to throw it away. I have to say the box that my kyosho foxx nitro was kinda the same thing, still have both boxes on the shelf just cuz i like looking at them Glad i'm not the only one who's a sucker for pretty pictures!