Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

TSM, AVC etc

Old 05-02-2016, 11:44 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default TSM, AVC etc

What are people's experiences with these assist features by Traxxas, Losi, and others? Beneficial or just a gimmick? And I mean for bashing and driving around for fun, not racing where I can see there being a problem. I've been out of the loop for a bit and haven't tried these features, wondering what people's thoughts are. Specifically for 5th scale like on the Losi 5ive-T, but interested in how these systems work across all scales.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:03 PM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-e...new-slash.html

Hi Sheo! A new guy posted about his new Slash with TSM.
Old 05-03-2016, 04:33 AM
seedygreenute

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

A mate did a demo for me of the TSM system on his E-Revo just the other day .
He had it set so he could adjust it on the Multi Function Knob on the Traxxas transmitter .
On a wet road , running 6S , with TSM set to 0 the car was very hard to control taking off . You had to get on and off the throttle and counter steer , looked only semi controlled , you knew any second it could spin . At about 40-50% , the car still snaked its way up the road , but with a bit steering input , looked much more in control . At about 70% , he just mashed the throttle and only made a few small steering inputs , the car ran pretty much straight ( maybe swayed a foot or 2 , remember , on a wet road ) .
I was impressed !!!
Getting a car from stopped to full speed in a straight line , I would say it works .
As for other situations I can't say , my mate wont let me borrow the Revo ...lol
Old 05-05-2016, 12:41 PM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I purchased an aftermarket one like the Dbox but have yet to install it. I will let you know my findings when I do.