Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Stadium Truck Rolls Over

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 05:53 AM
Lonnz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stadium Truck Rolls Over

What's going on guys,I have a a quick question, I have an ECX Torment that I mostly drive on the street, my problem, when i'm moving at a good clip and try to make a quick turn my truck will roll over, and not gently, any advice on how I can remedy this situation? Thanks guys,
Old 05-23-2016, 06:31 AM
Bob Jablonski

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The truck is a bit heavy to start with, and the shocks may set on the soft side so then is turns you get extra body roll which causes the flip. You can try stiffining up the springs some but that only helps so much. Best bet is to slow down before sharp turns, See if you can guage speed and learn the magic max speed turn point. My E-Maxx is great at barrel roll turns
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN.
[email protected]
Old 05-23-2016, 06:45 AM
Lonnz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you very much Mr. Bob, I'll start with the stiffening of the springs per your suggestion, and I do need to get a tad bit better on my quick turns. Once again, thank you, and have a good week.
Old 05-23-2016, 08:10 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Putting more pre-load on the springs will only raise your ride height and probably will not help your situation. Like Mr. Bob said, "...slow down...". You got a larger body to deal with. After watching my other RC take higher speed turns in the dirt, I can see the tires folding over; causing even more roll in the corners. Street slicks with harder closed cell foam inserts maybe an avenue to "tread upon".

Last edited by RustyUs; 05-23-2016 at 08:45 AM. Reason: added info
Old 05-23-2016, 08:34 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

If you want to continue running an off-road truck (Torment/Short Course Truck)...predominantly on-road, then I'd look into limiting your ride height. Spacers/limiters under the shocks pistons is a good start. Another option is anti-sway/anti-roll bars. This is exactly what I'm going to be doing here in the near future. I'll be taking a SC (short course) chassis and hopefully making it a mostly on-road muscle car with a hint of rally inspiration. The only problem that I see for the ECX Torment, is they do not make sway-bars for that short course truck . Is it possible another manufacturer make hop-ups for the Torment? I don't know.