Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Problem Need Help.

Old 08-14-2016, 07:42 AM
Menaceofri

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nope definitely dont have a file unfortunately lol. will probably have to buy one. i have an exacto knife i use for model making butfigured it wouldnt cut hardplastic very well lol.
Old 08-14-2016, 08:00 AM
Menaceofri

so im being told high voltage servo isnt what i needed, someone linked this one to me previously. can someone link one that will actually work/fit in my rc? i dont know anything about any of these systems at play so i cant make a sound decision on what i actually want/need. With a google search it told me pretty much that only time you use an HV servo is if you have a nitro car running lipo's
Old 08-14-2016, 08:09 AM
mrbuggy1987

that servo can be a HV servo, but if you look at the specs, it gives you info for 4.8, 6 and 7.4volts. mine fit in my ecx just fine, which is why I recomended it.the esc/reciever conbo in your mt is rated at 5v, so its fine as far as that goes
Old 08-14-2016, 08:11 AM
mrbuggy1987

and i dont see why your having problems mounting it. the mount tabs apearr to be about the same height away from the servo horn as the old one, and since the servo is smaller, should be easier to get into place
Old 08-14-2016, 08:15 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

The servo he got = D770 = low profile servo (not as tall)
The suggested servo = D771 = std. size servo
I believe there is about a 10mm difference between the two.
The space between the servo's mounting tabs and where the servo's wires come out of the case is the issue. The Amp's servo mounts obstruct the wires.

Last edited by RustyUs; 08-14-2016 at 08:23 AM.
Old 08-14-2016, 08:20 AM
Menaceofri

ah i see, i clicked the link and it brought me to a site and somehow i clicked on different one, fail on me i guess. itd fit inthe space except for the servo unit is too short and the wires clash with the chasis. which i could cut and file off to fit,but if this servo isnt optimal then i can just return it to amazon and order a new one.

that being said. is the 771 a good servo that will work for me, assuming i can order the correct one the second time around? lol

figured outmyproblem, amazon doesnt have the 771 so it recommended onelikeit, akathe 770 lol.

Last edited by Menaceofri; 08-14-2016 at 08:22 AM.
Old 08-14-2016, 08:48 AM
RustyUs

I'm a Hitec/Tower Hobbies/Associated XP/ACE/ProTek servo type of person. I've tried my share of lower budget servos over the years, and never been satisfied. I've vowed never to skimp on servos again. That being said, I've never tried Solar servos. A lot of people like them.
Old 08-14-2016, 10:32 AM
mrbuggy1987

oh, I didnt know he ordered the wrong one. How's that happen menace? it was a direct link.the 771 is a great servo, i have 3 of them and are super fast and strong. its all u to you, just be weary of all those ebay servo's.heres a great option from rc juice.com http://www.rcjuice.com/servos/k-powe...of.html.matter fact, take a stroll thrugh the whole site. they have great products at very reasonable prices Im runnin some of thier hobbystar motors and lipos. good stuff.
Old 08-15-2016, 03:34 PM
Menaceofri

because i tried to use amazon because i have prime only prime didnt have the 771 so it automatically sent me to the 770 and i didnt notice the number change lol.

tried going to that rc website mrbuggy, only sell one brand idont know anything about andhave abunch of different options which idont know how they affect the servo haha. i cant look at 10 options and pick one wheni dont know the difference.

Last edited by Menaceofri; 08-15-2016 at 03:38 PM.
Old 08-15-2016, 03:37 PM
Menaceofri

@Rusty so what servo would you get for this rc then?

imlooking at the ones on amazon that have prime, so i canget this thing in as little time as possible, i dont want a cheap one i have to worry about. dont want to spend more than 50either, unless absolutely necessary for a good one.

Last edited by Menaceofri; 08-15-2016 at 06:55 PM.
Old 08-16-2016, 06:26 AM
RustyUs

Originally Posted by Menaceofri
@Rusty so what servo would you get for this rc then?

imlooking at the ones on amazon that have prime, so i canget this thing in as little time as possible, i dont want a cheap one i have to worry about. dont want to spend more than 50either, unless absolutely necessary for a good one.
Are you able to send the servo back?

One servo I always like to have as a spare for my stadium/short course trucks: Hitec HS-5625MG High Speed Metal Gear Servo. They have a great balance of speed and torque for 1/10 RCs, and they are digital. Problem is, they are twice as much as the servo that was recommended to you before. The price and specs of the Solar D771 are just great. I have no first hand use of them, so I always tell people to look at reviews of items they think they want to buy. mbuggy87 has a few of them Solars and likes them. Good enough for me.

The bottom line for some people is the $$, I get it. I didn't have choices back in the day like you have now. I didn't have the www to search/research the handful of manufacturer's servos that were available to me. Hitec/Airtronics/Futaba were always top sellers, and Hitec gave me the least guff over the years. So I'm probably a little biased towards Hitec, but I'm currently opening up to other brands of servos used in my RCs.

My concerns are the longevity of the servos, and replacement gear sets? I can't find replacement gears should a Solar servo gear strips. Me doing a quick search for replacement gears, found nothing . Wait...Servo Gear Set for D771 .

There are a bunch of great servos out there. Just remember to get something close to standard sized:Length: 1.6" (41mm) Width: 0.8" (20mm) Height: 1.5" (38mm)

Get out there and throw some dirt!

Last edited by RustyUs; 08-16-2016 at 06:44 AM.
Old 08-16-2016, 04:31 PM
Menaceofri

yeah problem withmost of the good servos is that they arent on amazon. the hitech one is but has been getting trashed in reviews lately. Gonna order a solar from the website, hopefully order the right one this time haha.

ordered the solar from that website, the shipping for the item was 7 dollar pretty crazy.

Last edited by Menaceofri; 08-16-2016 at 04:37 PM.
Old 08-22-2016, 02:19 PM
Menaceofri

alright sorry it took so long, i had drill and stuff so not been home for abit. anyways i got the new D771 in, i can get it in where it goes however as soon as i connect it to the vehicle and turn on the power to the radio/car it constantly makes noise, when not being used at all. is that normal? something i should be worried about?

and another issue so the video i believe rusty posted above about how to configure your radio, when i adjust the steering it always stops turning at the same point no matter how high or low i have the steering on, so the extra like half inch of turn i can get on the radio wheel does not affect the turn the servo puts out.

Last edited by Menaceofri; 08-22-2016 at 02:21 PM.
Old 08-22-2016, 05:39 PM
RustyUs

That sounds like your steering blocks have reached their maximum throw and you are trying to force the servo to turn the tires more. That "extra half inch of trun" on your transmitter's wheel that "does not affect the turn the servo puts out" ...I'm thinking your servo saver is engaging and soaking up that extra uneeded travel of the servo. Turn down the steering rate, cause, no matter what, you should have full range of motion on your transmitter's wheel. Edit: Then again, maybe the transmitter is just working normal and sends a 100% left or right signal at the wheel's physical 90% range of travel mark. It's weird. Is it a possibility? If you want to find out, you will have to see at what point your servo travels 60° in either direction when you have the steering/dual rate set to maximum. If you servo doesn't travel approximately 60°, left and right, there is something wrong.

Last edited by RustyUs; 08-25-2016 at 02:51 PM.
Old 08-23-2016, 06:25 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Menaceofri
yeah problem withmost of the good servos is that they arent on amazon. the hitech one is but has been getting trashed in reviews lately. Gonna order a solar from the website, hopefully order the right one this time haha.

ordered the solar from that website, the shipping for the item was 7 dollar pretty crazy.
I wouldn't call those reviews "getting trashed". The 5625 is a good servo. The guy who's servo crapped out on him was just unlucky. Is the 5625 a servo one would use in a race rig? NO! Would it suffice in your ECX? Certainly.

Like I said, the Solar servo does have great performance for the price. But you might have to buy several of them to get one good one. In which case you could have bought one good Hitec and be done with it.
Old 08-24-2016, 04:50 PM
mrbuggy1987

This thread is startin to get a little crazy lol. Everybody everywhere in this post have good points. Mine is simple. I recommended the servo I did beacuse 1. Lower price 2. I know work very well. If your starting point is and ecx amp mt, and you havent been doing this that long we can shout suggestions in your ear all day long, but like rusty said, GO THROW SOME DIRT!!!!!!!!!!! beat that thing like a piece of trash, have fun, make mistakes, do a lil tinkerin along the way and you'll be just fine man. This hobby and its tech has come a long long way in the past 3 or 4 years.Trust me when I say you wont cringe as much when you break something beacuse you just spent a grand on it, and its all nice and shiny and new and you put your heart and time into building a perfect kit. And as far as the servo goes, if you want somethin in between the hitec and the solar, here ya go http://www.ebay.com/itm/Savox-SW-023...8AAOSwd4tUC-RW

relatively cheap. great reviews, better than a solar, cheaper than a hitec. hahaha
Old 08-24-2016, 07:36 PM
EXT2Rob

Cheaper than the Hitec? From the same website: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/1522025...&ul_noapp=true

Know why the Savox comes with a glitch buster capacitor? Cuz they need them! Savox are notorious power hogs. Ask my local hobby shop. They won't carry them.
Old 08-25-2016, 02:46 PM
RustyUs

I like this thread. It's a catchall. State your problem...we'll work on as best we can. Opinions...you bet. The more the better.

I can stand this site anymore. Unresponsive scripts are killing me. If things don't pan out...it's been nice seeing you guys around.
Old 08-25-2016, 03:57 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmm HiTec for me all the way I've bought too many cheap servos just to have to replace them 2-3 times before being forced to buy the hitec spending over 2X more then if I just bought the Hitec at the start.
Personally I like the hitec 645mg which last I bought one was like $25 shipped. hmm seems they still go for the same, but gotta pay shipping now.
Old 08-25-2016, 04:21 PM
EXT2Rob

Originally Posted by RustyUs
I like this thread. It's a catchall. State your problem...we'll work on as best we can. Opinions...you bet. The more the better.

I can stand this site anymore. Unresponsive scripts are killing me. If things don't pan out...it's been nice seeing you guys around.
Complain to the moderators. I too have been baffled by site scripts. Using a tablet is much easier. (Silk browser on a Kindle Fire) Firefox and Internet Explorer just hang. Probably one of the recent Windows 7 updates is causing an issue.
Old 08-26-2016, 01:32 PM
RustyUs

I've erased all cookies and so far so good.
Old 08-27-2016, 09:16 AM
Menaceofri

alright well after a ton of tinkering i got the servo in and it turns just fine with thebody half put together. when i finishing screwing in everything that is supposed to be screwed in it doesnt turn anymore. the servo horn and the arm that attaches to it are just all bunched up in the chasis and there is no room for them. about to call this is a 300 dollar hobby that is not for me.
Old 08-27-2016, 09:19 AM
Menaceofri

comparing the stock servo to the new solar d771 noticed that the top of the servo where the turning thing comes outonth estock servo it is tappered off at an angle, where as the new one is more of a full block, and thats why it isincapable of turning. dont knowhow to fix this,perhaps this servo just doesnt work in this rc?
Old 08-27-2016, 02:06 PM
RustyUs

Are you able to take some pictures and post them? Does the servo work at all before mounting it to the chassis? There many types of servo horns that a person can buy and use. Some RCs put the ball stud on top of the servo horn, and some times the servo horns are taller than others; placing a ball stud on the back side is called for in some instances. It all depends on the steering's design and servo placement. If using the Amp's stock servo horn on the new servo, it should be pretty much a direct swap I would think.
Old 08-27-2016, 02:21 PM
EXT2Rob

Don't give up the ship yet, man. My first RC, a Duratrax Evader, had...has a inboard steering linkage system that's more complex than what might be necessary. Maybe it's the same on your MT. Are there adjustable linkages in there? Can you post some more pics?

On the servo, are you saying the output shaft on the stock servo is tapered?? I've never seen nor heard of such an animal. It'd be highly unusual. With the new servo, you used the supplied servo horn/arm?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.