Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

My newest creation

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2016, 04:18 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default My newest creation

For those long time posters might remember some of the crazy contraptions I've came up with in the past, and sorta just stopped. To shoe I'm still alive, and still coming up with crazy RC contraptions here is my newest brainchild that I conceived when I saw the sweeper in the trash can, started Thursday night(actually finished its prototype which I scrapped), and finished Friday afternoon.

It is something every man, and child needs to make chores fun an RC floor sweeper

Part list
One Traxxas Stampeded chassis for battery tray (recycled from an old project)
2 Heng long tank gearboxes
2 cheap non-name ESC's from China that do 100% forward, and reverse (originally bought for my tank)
1 traxxas XL 2.5 ESC (had it laying around a cheap ESC woulda worked)
1 electric floor sweeper(parents threw it in the garbage as its battery wouldn't charge, and I saw it )
2 spare tires, and rims
1 HK 6 channel airplane radio (reused)
2 shocks (had laying around)
some scrap wood(most was reused from an old project)
Random screws that were laying around

I know I know it looks like it wouldn't work, but it does, and it also works on rugs(almost too well on the rug I tried it on)

Reason for the shocks I originally just bolted 2 pieces of wood on the back with the tank gearboxes hooked straight on, but the right tire wasn't getting good contact with the ground so I scrapped most the design, and redesigned it the next day. Now if I had 2 softer short shocks I would have made it shorter, but as anyone can see from the parts list I actually spent $0 on this contraption as it was all parts laying around.

I did have some fun finagling the rims onto the tank outputs, and its not the best job as I just enlarged the holes in 2 of the wheel hex doodads, and pushed them on tight, and screwed it on real tight. I was looking for a grub screw to use to screw it into the flat part to prevent turning, but couldn't find any so said screw it. So far a wheel only came loose once in testing, and that was more my fault as I didn't tighten it much in the 1st place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOf5VdJPCBU Sorry about the video quality, but trying to control it with dual sticks while holding a DSLR camera in my hands was not easy, and the sun was setting so the room was quite dark.

Few things I did think about was trying to pick up a cheap wireless camera so I can see it without LOS, and clean all the floors while being lazy
Also need a Lipo LVA as I can't figure out where I put the ones I had.
And at one point I was planning on adding a dust buster to it that I have laying around, but figured the extra power draw, weight, and size was not worth it in the end for the mediocre job it would do.

Maybe in the future I'll make it modular so I can swap it out with the vacuum switfer doohickey my parents also threw out
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Dsc_0001.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	344.5 KB
ID:	2179574   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dsc_0002.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	320.3 KB
ID:	2179575   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dsc_0003.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	331.7 KB
ID:	2179576  

Last edited by SyCo_VeNoM; 09-04-2016 at 04:32 PM.
Old 09-04-2016, 08:44 PM
seedygreenute

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I want one !!!
That would make housework at least a little bit fun .
Old 09-09-2016, 07:55 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's just.....yeah...
Old 09-10-2016, 03:10 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yea I know its not pretty, but hey I spent maybe 4 hours total on it which is less then I've seen people spend putting a kit together
I've thought about making a cover out of some plexiglass or something(mainly to cover the gearboxes, and protect them from debris), but I got some more pressing things I have to work on.