Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

RC Car for grandkid

Old 10-24-2016, 09:56 AM
paltinumaa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC Car for grandkid

hello all, new to forum. my grandkid loves rc cars, even watches other kids play with them on youtube

is it possible yall can recommend a couple of rc off road trucks. my budget is $50-$100. hopefully a run time of 30 minutes or w/ 2 batteries. we live in the woods so a truck he would love, will be in sand/mud so it will get dirty, has to be somewhat durable to ride off road.

ive been looking at the "Arshiner S911 Remote Control Car", it says 10 min play time and 2+ hour recharge time. i like it but those specs arent that good, especially 10 min run time

not sure if $50-100 is a budget for above, but any suggestions would be appreciated.

thank you!
Old 10-24-2016, 11:24 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Welcome to RCU.

The only thing I can suggest for the above platform...It would be wise for you to make sure you are able to find replacement parts for the truck. I know nothing about the GPToys/ToyJoy RCs. Potential high speeds and small RCs, you'll definitely want to find a parts supplier. If so...your are good to go. Otherwise I'd look at the ECX Amp MT kit or the RTR version. Just my opinion.

Last edited by RustyUs; 10-24-2016 at 11:42 AM.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:46 AM
RustyUs

Originally Posted by paltinumaa
..., it says 10 min play time and 2+ hour recharge time. i like it but those specs arent that good, especially 10 min run time...
10 minutes run is pretty darn good considering what's included. I'd just buy extra batteries regardless.
Old 10-24-2016, 12:34 PM
RustyUs

I'm 99% sure this is the same truck and spare parts...http://www.banggood.com/search/9115.html

Now, get out there and throw some dirt!
Old 10-24-2016, 05:18 PM
paltinumaa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow, thanks for the responses! couple of questions

- in the link above, is this a standard reputable website?
- i noticed on the link it had multiple spare parts, which spare parts do you recommend we keep on hand?

thanks again!
Old 10-25-2016, 04:38 AM
RustyUs

Banggood is what I would call Hong Kong's Amazon. I personally have not bought off of Banggood, but many have in many forums. I have noted that I don't have any first hand knowledge of the RC you presented in OP. What spares to have on hand? I just plain don't won't to give a blind answer. If you do a search on the RC, I think you may find a thread or two with others who have purchased the RC truck that you are looking at. The RC in the parts link I gave above...plug that into a Yahoo!/Google search, and you should get some links to a thread on another forum.
Old 10-25-2016, 04:44 AM
RustyUs

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?...&hsimp=yhs-001
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	rc truck.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	2187480  
Old 10-25-2016, 11:48 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, Banggood is ok. But, they're in Taiwan. You're going to wait a long time. I would rather see you spend a bit more and have local parts availability at your local hobby store. (You have one?) So for something small-ish and inexpensive, I'd recommend one of the Dromida cars. Dromida is the RC arm of Revell, the plastic model company. You can get one of their cars complete for $100. http://www.towerhobbies.com/products/dromida/
(Hey, what kid wouldn't want an RC truck that shoots foam darts too?)