Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Tire question, truck vs rear buggy

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2016, 07:57 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tire question, truck vs rear buggy

It's hard to tell from pictures on websites...is there a difference between a 2.2 truck tire and a 2.2 rear tire for a buggy? Proline has discontinued 2.2 Caliber T tires, but they still have buggy tires. They look the same to me.
Old 10-30-2016, 10:09 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

There is about a half inch difference in diameter .
Stadium truck 2.2 tires 102mm vs. Buggy 2.2 tires 88mm
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20161030_141520.jpg
Views:	1066
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	2188241   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161030_141217.jpg
Views:	1133
Size:	2.17 MB
ID:	2188242  

Last edited by RustyUs; 10-30-2016 at 11:06 AM.
Old 10-30-2016, 10:41 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

I just went and checked with Panther's selection of rubber. You know what? No more Step-Pins for stadium trucks! That bites. That was the last place I knew where to get some. Meh.

EXT2Rob, those Caliber T tires are still to be had at many www locations. Let me know when the Pro-Line Gladiator II, and Badlands tires are not produced anymore...I will then give up on this hobby .
Old 10-30-2016, 03:34 PM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tanks for the info Rusty. So I guess that would be a "No, can't do dat." Yeah, I'm surprised how many places I found still have some Calibers available just by doing a search on Amazon. Tho I think all that are left are the soft compound. Or was that all they made? But yeah, I'll probably pick up at least another set or two.

I'll tell ya Rusty, I used to run the Gladiators, cuz I liked that they wore well. But what I didn't like was that once the top level pins were worn down, traction goes to hell in dry hard dirt. But with the Calibers, those suckers have pretty much the same amount of traction from start to finish. All the way down to the carcass practically. My buddy is still running the Glads, top knobs gone, down to the second knob, and he couldn't keep up with me on almost worn out Calibers. And now Proline has killed off that tire. Pisses me off. My only option once I can't get any Calibers (which I can still get for the SCT) is going to something like a Holeshot. That's the closest Proline makes now.