Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

soldering

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 07:17 PM
cvog23

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default soldering

Does anyone know if you have to solder a Tekin motor to a Gen 2 speed control or can you just use Deans connectors to join them together?

Thank you

Craig
Old 12-01-2016, 03:58 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Short answer: Direct connect or use bullet connectors.
Old 12-01-2016, 07:16 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Brushless motors use three wires, Deans plugs have two, so, NO.
Old 12-01-2016, 03:03 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Well, after thinking some more about the subject, and remembering my Castle MambaMax is able to run brushed and brushless motors, Tekin ESCs will be fine to run brushed motors as well. Sorry, my bad . I, for some reason, think everyone runs brushless motors nowadays. It would be okay to use Deans with brushed motors. You just have to use the C and A posts on the ESC when connecting the wires.

Last edited by RustyUs; 12-01-2016 at 03:23 PM.
Old 12-01-2016, 07:58 PM
Mechanicaloverlord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All Tekin esc's and motors have solder posts so soldering wires on is required for assembly.

If you want to be able to disconnect the motor from the esc by unplugging you will need a connector of some sort on the wires between the esc and motor. All connectors put a restriction on the flow of electricity, Bullet connectors provide the least amount of resistance. There are some battery connectors that are basically bullets in a plastic housing. These include Castle Creations connectors and the EC series (EC3, EC5, etc). Never been a fan of Deans, hard to grip, hard to solder and there are better choices out there these days. But these are all battery connector with only 2 conductors requiring 2 sets to do a brushless motor. I don't know of any single connectors with 3 conductors appropriate for an RC application. I recommend using 3 single bullet connectors or the bullet style Castle Creations or EC series.