Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Tamiya Rising Fighter - First time building (pic of problem)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Tamiya Rising Fighter - First time building (pic of problem)

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2016, 08:59 AM
biondi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tamiya Rising Fighter - First time building (pic of problem)

Hi all, wasn't quite expecting it to be this difficult to build!

I have the Rising Fighter with the Reflex Stick Pro 3 (came as a package). One of the first steps is to fit the steering rods to the servo. I'm using the servo that came with the Reflex Stick but the rods simply won't fit into the holes in the four-prong servo arms. Am I missing something here? I've attached a pic, the ends of the rods just won't go in and I'm applying so much force I'm soon going to break the servo-four prong 'thing'. Am I doing something wrong here? The instructions show a totally different servo so aren't much help.
Hoping it gets easier from here but if anyone can re-assure me that this is indeed where they need to go and I just need to make the holes bigger somehow then please, for the love of god, let me know before I give up!

Thanks,

Matt
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1392.JPG
Views:	1291
Size:	733.0 KB
ID:	2194348  
Old 12-26-2016, 09:20 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Use the supplied servo saver (as shown in the manual) instead of the four-armed servo horn.
Old 12-26-2016, 09:35 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

I don't know that I've ever ran into a servo horn that was too thick for one of Tamiya's Z-bend steering linkages.

Just make sure to turn on radio system and have the servo spline centered when putting on the servo saver. Forgetting this servo centering step will, more than likely, make you more upset when you find out the tires are way of center, and you have undo the servo.

Name:	servo saver.JPG
Views:	1468
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	2194349  
Old 12-26-2016, 11:14 AM
biondi

Thanks Rusty, I assumed as I was using the external controller I had to use its 'bits' but have used the one that came with the car, so continuing - also, thanks for the tip about centering, it did need a little adjusting..

Matt
Old 12-27-2016, 09:24 AM
biondi

Hi, okay - made some progress and almost done. However, now the motor is in and hooked up I've just tested it. I've attached a pic here with the orange and blue wires from the speed controller connected to the yellow and green wires on the motor. There's a yellow motor on the controller that doesn't seem to go anywhere, is that right? Anyway, the point is - with the wires connected and a fully charged battery, when I move the controller up or down there's nothing at all from the motor - not a sound. Any ideas what the problem could be or where I can investigate?

Name:	IMG_1393.JPG
Views:	1556
Size:	966.7 KB
ID:	2194482  

Last edited by biondi; 12-27-2016 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Attaching pictures
Old 12-27-2016, 12:01 PM
biondi

Sorted (won't delete as someone else may search for it) - this wasn't in the instructions:

The motor wires should go yellow to yellow and green to blue. The orange wire is used for brushless systems so in this case is redundant