Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Anyone built a track?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 12:52 PM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So what's the latest? Been able to get any more done? Pictures!
Old 01-23-2017, 05:30 PM
4NJBOYS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EXT2Rob
So what's the latest? Been able to get any more done? Pictures!
If that is aimed at me everything is being put in place from Local sponsors to donated materials. even with the township adding it to Department of REC. providing land and manpower Donations and Sponsors are a good thing. so hoping May will be the best time to Geterdone.
Old 01-23-2017, 09:26 PM
EXT2Rob

Cool! That's great! Come back and let us know how the track comes together. Good luck!
Old 01-24-2017, 08:36 AM
Ballinonabudget

I wasn't able to break ground, ended up working all weekend. How do I post pics?
Old 01-24-2017, 10:19 AM
The Saylors

save them to your computer under a file that you will be able to easily find, then click the button that looks like a picture on the top of the quick reply bar. You will prompted to find the file through your computer, click the one you want and it should upload.
Old 01-24-2017, 01:32 PM
Ballinonabudget

Thanks saylors, I do everything from my phone but I figured out if I hit the "full site" button I can get to where I can add pics. So I will take some pics later and add them
Old 01-25-2017, 09:03 AM
EXT2Rob

Just make sure the images are only 100k or so in file size. Reduce the image size on your camera/phone. Otherwise it can take forever to upload. You don't need 2MB images.
Old 02-14-2018, 03:24 PM
callsignMERLIN

Originally Posted by RustyUs
Build it and they will come. Local gov't zoning issues?....

Why doesn't a person publicize they have a track? It's not well groomed; bumpiest track ever driven on; slickest track anyone should have to attempt to drive on (using softest compound tires doesn't help ), and possibly doesn't want to entertain people when not in the mood. Number one reason maybe...liability. It's sad, I know. One almost has to setup some type of formal contract for people to sign. If a person starts inviting friends over, or even tell them they can come over whenever they want, eventually booze will/could be evolved...someone is gonna get hurt, and will be on personal property.

So this is something I've been toying with as I am getting tired of racing the clock on my track out back. My brother inlaw just got back into the hobby so thats cool but I had recntly posted an offer to a group on social media and the more i think about it the happier I am nobody came over. Haha. Don't want strangers to know what I really have.

Landscape flags for irrigation are great for marking a course, they come in different colors so you can mark the inside differnt as well as corners. I was really surprised how good they work, and best part is you can just pull them out when you are done or change the course whenever you want.