Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Traxxas Slash 2wd upgrades

Old 03-06-2017, 04:12 PM
Civicgalaxy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas Slash 2wd upgrades

Hello I just bought a Traxxas Slash 2wd 2016 edition but it has been upgraded to a HPI flux vektor 4800 brushless motor with a vapor pro ESC running on lipo 2s 5000mah 35c burst. I haven't drive it let I had to order a charger for it but the seller showed it to me that it runs till the battery died on it. So my question is how fast can my Traxxas run on that setup? And I bought it for 160.00 on letgo do you think that was a good deal I think so but I'm wondering if you guys think so. Thank you for your feed back.
Old 03-06-2017, 06:15 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Welcome to RCU.

How fast you ask? That depends on what gearing you have. Lots of speed calculators to plug in numbers and give you an idea of possible speeds. If you are gonna be doing just speed runs, you could possibly reach high 40's with the right gearing. But doing so will be asking a lot from the motor and battery, and you will probably encounter lots of heat. For your situation, or anyone who wants to get the most from their setup, an infrared thermometer will be one of your best friends.

As for what kind of deal you got yourself, that depends on condition of RC and components. When I look at something used, I automatically tell myself the most I will pay for something is half what it would cost new.
Old 03-06-2017, 08:31 PM
Civicgalaxy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you I thought I could reach at least 55 mph because of my setup. Because I have a HPI 4800kv lol but I get my charger tomorrow I will let you guys know thank you so much for your input. 😁