Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

kyosho inferno mp9 pull start help

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 10:11 PM
martinwakeml

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kyosho inferno mp9 pull start help

Hey guys I have a kyosho inferno mp9 and I took the engine apart a while back because the piston got stuck and I left it assembled for a while... once I put it back together when I pull the start it just spins I dont feel any compression I put my thumb on the exhaust and still nothing I was trying to find a picture of the inside of some pull starts but they are all different do you guys have any? for this engine?
Old 03-11-2017, 04:45 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

Your one-way clutch bearing in the pullstart is probably backwards. Pull the pullstart off, and find the one way clutch bearing and flip it around. As you look at the pullstart side of the engine, the one-way clutch bearing should "grab" turning clockwise (from the front of the engine it will spin counterclockwise).
Old 03-11-2017, 08:54 AM
martinwakeml

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Inside the pull start there is just one piece that I can take off is that correct or does there need to be two?
Old 03-11-2017, 12:25 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

If there is a shaft sticking out of the engine (with pullstart removed), then the one-way clutch bearing will slide onto that shaft and the pullstart will slide over the one-way bearing. try posting a picture of the engine with pullstart removed and the back side of the pullstart that mates up with the engine.