Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Looking for new RC

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 07:39 PM
WBosdash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for new RC

So to start off... I got out of RC awhile ago.... last one i bought was a Savage SS ? Whatever the Savage kit was... About the time the Savage 25R ? came out... So its been awhile. I would like to get back into RC. I don't know what i want lol. I had the savage, a hotbodies lightning, and another buggie. i dont remember which exactly... something 777 i think. Anyway, i think i would prefer a buggie, i ran those more. I like the speed and they took some abuse. For backyard bashing, maybe some track time. NO RACING. I have basically nothing left, so starting over. Will be a semi slow process. I would say im intermediate to advanced in skill level (building and driving). I did race for awhile 1/8 buggie. Just local tracks etc. I would prefer tower hobbies, to do the easy pay (to start with a bigger budget) i have $350 now will have another $350 in 2 weeks then another $350 2 weeks after. that will be my budget to get started. so im looking at a little over a grand if i can go the easy pay option. I could wait and save it all, but the weather is getting nice and i would like to get started. Also some local clubs\tracks are opening up. So the sooner the better. Another note... i only ran Nitro, at the time i was going to swap to a brushless on the Lightning, but sold everything off before i got to. So idk what elec is like, as how it compares to nitro. local tracks i will be running are either or, so it dont matter as far as running them. Mainly will be for some backyard bashing if that helps. Just need pointed in the right direction. Thanx in advance About my only concern is i have always prefered 1\8 4wd. i Have run some stadium trucks, was not a big fan. Also i had an old Rustler... so i did have elec lol. however thart was just a std 7.2v stick pack...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	order.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	2212533  

Last edited by WBosdash; 04-30-2017 at 07:43 PM. Reason: added an order i was thinking about, but wanted advice first
Old 05-01-2017, 01:35 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Welcome to RCU.

Sounds like you got your mind made up. I second the motion for 1/8 scale buggy. Kyosho makes some great RCs. That's about it as far as my thoughts on your choice. I'll let you do the research and come up with your thoughts. I'd have no second guesses in buying a MP9 TKI3 as long as parts availability is good. By the way, thanks for another nudge to have me go try something nitro .
Old 05-01-2017, 04:15 PM
WBosdash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not made up exactly. just threw that together as an idea. wanted some opinions/advice.... IS that a good choice, should i try elec.... just looking for input.
Old 05-04-2017, 03:21 PM
mugeyman

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

hi wbosdash , yes you are moving in right direction your old buggy 1/8 scale was probably a kyosho mp 777 which is now up graded to the 8 time world champion kyosho inferno mp 9
tki 3 and now tki4 there is the kit form and rtr (ready to run ) electric buggy is faster than nitro buggy , but you can get more run time on nitro and refuel on the fly , too tuning the
nitro engine can be difficult for some people , with electric you need extra lipo batteries and good charger too if you are racing , since you had other rc buggies and truggies
the hand and eye coordination will come back to you pretty fast, parts for the kyosho mp9 tki3 and 4s electric and nitro well theres alot try tower hobbies , Amain hobbies , Nitrohouse , EBAY
these are good sources for kits and parts, kyosho makes a kit to convert a mp9 tki3 nitro to mp9 e electric battery tray , servo brace ,electric motor mount , so you can have the best of both worlds, if you want to go that way later on . you can always up grade later in parts , motors , radios , servos wheels and tires, etc and your tools .too also see some of the kyosho mp9 tki3 stuff run on youtube videos this can help with your decision , well i hope i did not steer you wrong lol . ok mugey

Last edited by mugeyman; 05-04-2017 at 03:23 PM. Reason: added word