Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Los Angeles County bashing spots?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 12:33 PM
thesstype

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Los Angeles County bashing spots?

Time for updated bash spot forum! I'm in Altadena, CA. There's a horse staging & picnic area on Loma Alta Dr. Heading east on left side after Loma Alta Park. Nice spot with wide open area for speed runs, & picnic area has circular dirt beds for trees that make decent jumps. Ran 4-5 times this month & was only one there! Where are some other L.A. county bash spots?
Old 05-11-2017, 05:10 PM
bill_delong

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

Oh man, that brings back some memories, I graduated from La Canada High School back in 1990 and that park was my stomping ground back then!

If you're willing to make the drive, I'd highly recommend checking out OCRC, by far the best track in the area, I love to race there once every winter when I go back to visit family over the holidays:
OC_RC Raceway : So Cal's Premier Remote Control Racing Facility : R/C Track

They have a basher area off to the side and also offer a very liberal practice schedule
Old 05-16-2017, 12:29 PM
thesstype

​​​​​​I go to Tony's Hobbies for indoor track driving. Baldwin Park. Pretty small but better than driving in street. Pegasus, Revolution, & Hot Rods are closer to me.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:45 AM
thesstype

Default Eaton Canyon

Eaton Canyon in Altadena, CA. Horse training area, off to the side there's wide open area & medium dirt piles make great jumps. Big wood chip pile! It's on horse territory, so be courteous to not piss off the Equestrian Folks! I spoke to Park personnel while scouting area, walk under the bridge to dry creekbed & that should be available also! Turn into Equestrian area from New York Dr. I'll probably run there tomorrow morning 8-9am after kid drop off school.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:31 AM
thesstype

Default Eaton Canyon

Originally Posted by thesstype
Eaton Canyon in Altadena, CA. Horse training area, off to the side there's wide open area & medium dirt piles make great jumps. Big wood chip pile! It's on horse territory, so be courteous to not piss off the Equestrian Folks! I spoke to Park personnel while scouting area, walk under the bridge to dry creekbed & that should be available also! Turn into Equestrian area from New York Dr. I'll probably run there tomorrow morning 8-9am after kid drop off school.
Ran @ 11:15am today: only me, no horse people & white car Sheriffs guy gave me the boot! Sucks due to Pristine Bash Spot! Got about 10minutes in before kindly told to leave.... Even had my 3yr old son with me to help lessen out to destruct/ruin stuff vibe
Old 06-13-2017, 12:14 PM
thesstype

Default Hahamongna Water Shed Park

Solid bashing spot! Turn right once into park (going down hill) The spot I ran shared one of the frisbee/disc catchers. Ran on Sunday afternoon & was kind of crowded with frisbee guys, hikers w/dogs, & mountain bikers. Very open areas w/room for everyone! I brought 6yr old son along & he had fun watching awesome 🍩 busting! The frisbee guys kindly asked us to move over some so they could use the catcher that I was close to. ( I thought I was about to get the boot) Very good bash spot; loose dirt, wide open areas​, rocks made for cool 2wd back flip action, & 1 medium wood chip pile & dirt mound made good jumps. I'll be there again for sure!