Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

New brushless combo intermittent losing power

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

New brushless combo intermittent losing power

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2017, 05:20 PM
Sledder9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New brushless combo intermittent losing power

I finally got my new esc and brushless motor installed and it hauls a**. Unfortunately I am experiencing intermittent power loss. Generally it's about 50% power loss for the a bit, sometimes completely. If I leave it for a minute, it comes back to full power. Then the cycle repeats itself. When it is at full power it runs hard. At first I believed it was heat related but I'm not running it that hard or very long. I do have the Tamiya connectors until I get my new battery and potentially shoddy soldering work. Is this the culprit? Thoughts?
Old 08-26-2017, 06:14 PM
Sledder9

I think I figured it out. The low voltage cutoff was on as a default when I assumed that default would have it disabled. I turned it off since I'm running nimh. Seems to be running fine.
Old 09-03-2017, 07:29 PM
RetiredRoadThunder

Good to hear! Mine was doing the same, turning the low voltage didnt solve it though.
Old 09-04-2017, 05:21 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

The questions I always have to ask myself when RC is just stops for no reason:

Do I still have power to the receiver, and servo?
What LEDs are flashing/doing?