RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Looking to get some (cheap) RC cars for Rocket League "irl"

Old 09-24-2017, 12:07 AM
lollkoll

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Looking to get some (cheap) RC cars for Rocket League "irl"

Any suggestions?

I get that hobby grade RC cars are going to be $100 or more, but I'm not looking to drain my bank account over getting two RC cars to hit a ball around with.

So far I've been looking at the WLToys l939, but I'm looking for more ideas under $50, and am hoping that you guys might have seen something in the lower end RC world that is up for the task.

Battery life is a concern, so either having good batteries or standardized batteries that I can purchase a bunch of would be preferred. Also there will be quite a few collisions during activities, and while cosmetic issues are fine, I would prefer to not have the car break down all the time...

I know I'm asking for something that most people can only dream of, but I'm hoping someone here might have suggestions.
Old 09-24-2017, 03:26 PM
suburban_hooligan

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

what scale do you need? if you can get away with 1/18 scale the Dromida's aren't bad. and you can usually get them from Tower Hobbies scratch and dent for less than $100 per car. keep an eye on it and you can buy 3, get 2 running and have a parts car for less than $200
Old 09-24-2017, 05:34 PM
lollkoll

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburban_hooligan View Post
what scale do you need? if you can get away with 1/18 scale the Dromida's aren't bad. and you can usually get them from Tower Hobbies scratch and dent for less than $100 per car. keep an eye on it and you can buy 3, get 2 running and have a parts car for less than $200
Doesn't need to be that big; 6 inches for the car (about 1:24-1:28?) would be fine.
Old 09-24-2017, 05:56 PM
suburban_hooligan

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

the Dromida's are about 11 inches bumper to bumper. if something ruffly half that size would work Team Associated has the SC28 that i think is about 6 inches bumper to bumper. it's 1/28 scale. they're only like $50. just not sure about run time with those.

Search this Thread