Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Servos

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 01:50 PM
YourNitroGuy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servos

Guys, I am coming to you for some help. I have a servo issue, where I can turn the car and radio on, but once I move the steering, it doesn't move. The servo is shot? It's weird, I've never seen this...I will turn the radio wheel all the way right, then left and nothing. BUT, sometimes when I turn the radio steering wheel and keep turning it like a mad man, the servo will kick in and act like normal as long as I am turning that steering wheel like a mad man. AS SOON as I stop with the right to left movements on the radio with the car, it will immediately go back to not working (when turning the radio wheel both ways the servo doesn't engage). I have no clue what the issue is, other than I ran in snow/little water this past weekend, but I always whip my rigs off and blow the water out the best I can with a heat gun (I have no air compressor). I am baffled that this like new servo took a crap like this randomly, has anyone had any similar problems or do I need a whole new servo? The damn thing works like it should sometimes when I spam that radio wheel like I said, but will not work normally anymore. I have a 4PLS, so I can see on the radio that the channel 1 is engaging, but still doesn't move the tires. Also note that my throttle servo works perfectly, without any issues. I swear if I have to buy a whole new servo I am going to flip ****, can't believe this. Please note that I am also pretty experienced with RC's, so please don't suggest some newb things to me. ALSO, please note I was half drunk/half extremely pissed off while writing this thread, so if anything seems out of ordinary to you just let me know.
Old 01-10-2018, 02:57 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Plug the servo into receiver's channel 2 and see if you can control the servo with Tx's trigger.
Old 01-10-2018, 05:09 PM
bill_delong

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

So you got the servo wet and it's not waterproof, correct?
Sounds like you damaged the servo to me if that's the case, also possible you may have damaged your Rx too if it also got wet.

+1 to swapping channels to test both servos to verify if the servo is bad or if the Rx port is bad
Old 01-10-2018, 05:19 PM
YourNitroGuy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bill_delong
So you got the servo wet and it's not waterproof, correct?
Sounds like you damaged the servo to me if that's the case, also possible you may have damaged your Rx too if it also got wet.

+1 to swapping channels to test both servos to verify if the servo is bad or if the Rx port is bad
Hey guys, so yeah I got the servo semi-wet, like I do all my servos. The servo and RX were both perfect after my run on pavement with some wet ground/snow. I always make sure to whip down my rigs and do my very best to get the water out with what I have (I need a damn air compressor), but I've also been doing this for many years with many different servos (all not water proof), never had a problem. Maybe I got very unlucky this time, as I should have done a better job of going over it, but that's weird to me, as it's never happened before. Yes, I've switched out both channels, and came to the same conclusion/problem that the servo works when it wants to. I will pull the trigger, sometimes the servo will engage, sometimes it won't. Weird. Thanks guys