Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Budget help please

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2018, 09:37 AM
BashnSmash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Budget help please

I'm looking at a couple of RC cars to buy, but prices where I live are super inflated (300 bucks upward for a 2WD Slash) and there are no hobby stores. I have two cars right now, and they work fine, but I want a faster one. Any advice on a good budget car?
NEEDS:
Off road is a must where I live, that's just the best terrain there.
It should be 50 kmh (35 mph) or faster.
It should have good parts availability.
Any suggestions?
Right now I'm looking at the HPI Blitz Flux (which for some reason is really cheap here), the downside being that there aren't a lot of parts for it...
Or the Traxxas Slash 4WD 1/16, the disadvantage being a lack of performance.
Do you guys have any other reccomendations?
Old 01-17-2018, 11:47 AM
YourNitroGuy

Check out the Rustler man, I have one, insanely fast but I do not run electric at all anymore so if you're looking for a newer RTR Rustler with a few necessary hop ups that you will appreciate. If running mostly off-road I can give you a shock system that will work flawlessly in dirt or short grass for this stadium truck. It's fast, but I do not use it as I only run my nitros all year long. I can put together a nice lot for this truck with parts, batteries and extra things that you will appreciate if anything breaks. This Rustler needs a new home, absolutely an amazing truck that sees no use. Let me know via PM if you're interested, if not there are many other models out there you will enjoy I am sure. Try to look at some other brands other than Traxxas as well, HaBao has VERY good RTR rigs that..
Old 01-17-2018, 03:08 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

1/10 scale 2wd short course truck, or stadium truck with a brushless system. I'd pass on anything smaller unless you are doing lite off-road bashing. I would love to tell you to go for the Blitz, but I'm not seeing all the tranny parts in stock at one of the places that sells the Blitz. That was just a quick search, and let you dig further in to the parts dilima. I got too much stock in many Team Associated SC10s and T4s at the moment or else I'd have me a HPI Firestorm and/or Blitz.

My question for the OP would be, what do you like the looks of the most?
What are your other RCs? I'm just curious, 'cause maybe parts sharing could be something to benefit from.
Old 01-17-2018, 03:12 PM
mugeyman

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

hi bashnsmash i pm d you ok mugey
Old 01-17-2018, 07:02 PM
bill_delong

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

Brands I would stay away from right now are:

Traxxas, HPI, ARRMA, Durango, Axial... they are all in litigation, have gone bankrupt or already out of business, more info here:
https://www.rctech.net/forum/chat-lo...hat-going.html

Current brands that I would consider today:
RedCat, Associated, Losi, ECX, HoBao

Brands that are super cheap, but not quite as durable and won't have quite as good of parts support, but can be a good value if you are a relatively clean driver:
HSP, HobbyKing, Exceed, ZD Racing
Old 01-17-2018, 07:12 PM
BashnSmash

Originally Posted by bill_delong
Brands I would stay away from right now are:

Traxxas, HPI, ARRMA, Durango, Axial... they are all in litigation, have gone bankrupt or already out of business, more info here:

Current brands that I would consider today:
RedCat, Associated, Losi, ECX, HoBao

Brands that are super cheap, but not quite as durable and won't have quite as good of parts support, but can be a good value if you are a relatively clean driver:
HSP, HobbyKing, Exceed, ZD Racing
My username: BashnSmash. I'm not a very nice man to my cars :P
Thanks for the reccomendation though!
Old 01-17-2018, 07:16 PM
BashnSmash

Originally Posted by RustyUs
1/10 scale 2wd short course truck, or stadium truck with a brushless system. I'd pass on anything smaller unless you are doing lite off-road bashing. I would love to tell you to go for the Blitz, but I'm not seeing all the tranny parts in stock at one of the places that sells the Blitz. That was just a quick search, and let you dig further in to the parts dilimaMy. I got too much stock in many Team Associated SC10s and T4s at the moment or else I'd have me a HPI Firestorm and/or Blitz.

My question for the OP would be, what do you like the looks of the most?
What are your other RCs? I'm just curious, 'cause maybe parts sharing could be something to benefit from.
My Rc's are in my siggy, a Wltoys 12428 and a Feiyue FY-02. They're both pretty cheap, and the chassis are virtually identical to one another.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:21 PM
BashnSmash

Originally Posted by YourNitroGuy
Check out the Rustler man, I have one, insanely fast but I do not run electric at all anymore so if you're looking for a newer RTR Rustler with a few necessary hop ups that you will appreciate. If running mostly off-road I can give you a shock system that will work flawlessly in dirt or short grass for this stadium truck. It's fast, but I do not use it as I only run my nitros all year long. I can put together a nice lot for this truck with parts, batteries and extra things that you will appreciate if anything breaks. This Rustler needs a new home, absolutely an amazing truck that sees no use. Let me know via PM if you're interested, if not there are many other models out there you will enjoy I am sure. Try to look at some other brands other than Traxxas as well, HaBao has VERY good RTR rigs that..
I'm in the Arab Emirates, so I don't know if that would work out. Thanks for the brand advice though!