Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Buying a HPI Baja 5SC

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2018, 04:56 AM
JDM guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying a HPI Baja 5SC

Hello fellow hobbyists, i have some questions about the Baja 5SC. First of, is it reliable? And if yes, to what extent and what beating can it take? (it's gonna be used for bashing, no jumps)
Secondly, when it breaks or when regular maintenance is needed, are the parts expensive, and if yes how expensive can they get?
Does it start easily? Because I have REALLY bad experiences with my nitro truck (Kyosho Giga Crusher) and I don't want it to happen again whatsoever.
Which are the most vulnerable parts of the truck and how expensive are they to fix?
How much does a clutch live?
Is there anything else I should know before i get a 1/5 scale in general?
Do you think it's worth 1200€? Because I've heard it does but i could really use a second opinion on it.
Thanks for taking the time to read and possibly help!
Old 08-20-2018, 05:55 PM
mark20

Originally Posted by JDM guy
Hello fellow hobbyists, i have some questions about the Baja 5SC. First of, is it reliable? And if yes, to what extent and what beating can it take? (it's gonna be used for bashing, no jumps)
Secondly, when it breaks or when regular maintenance is needed, are the parts expensive, and if yes how expensive can they get?
Does it start easily? Because I have REALLY bad experiences with my nitro truck (Kyosho Giga Crusher) and I don't want it to happen again whatsoever.
Which are the most vulnerable parts of the truck and how expensive are they to fix?
How much does a clutch live?
Is there anything else I should know before i get a 1/5 scale in general?
Do you think it's worth 1200€? Because I've heard it does but i could really use a second opinion on it.
Thanks for taking the time to read and possibly help!
well first before you spend 1500$ on a rc car, think of the area you will be using it in. if its too small you wont be able to use it to its full potential, secondly do you really need a 1/5th scale MONSTER? you can just buy a hpi savage flux and use your remaining 1000$ for other rc projects (plus its faster and less maintenance). third im assuming you live in the UK since you use euro instead of usd. you might not even be able to get it do to regulations.

my opinion get something cheaper, smaller, and electric and 1/10 or 1/8th as there FAR more cheaper to maintain then that monster.
(playing god with a 1/5th scale is fun for about 20 seconds, then when you get hit with that maintenance you will just wish that you went with electric 1/8th)

now on to your questions
1. there pretty easy to start if you use good fuel. just like a weed whacker.
2. im not sure about clutches (ive only seen them being started and driving)
3. parts are more expensive but not too bad. (for being 1/5th scale)

Last edited by mark20; 08-20-2018 at 06:05 PM.
Old 08-25-2018, 06:56 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I second that emotion.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:10 AM
RCb-87

UK uses £. Sterling everyone knows that. Ireland uses €. But England would use $ before € lol.