RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Traxxas TQI transmitter

Old 03-06-2018, 12:39 PM
celticsun33

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Traxxas TQI transmitter

TOTAL NEWB bear with me.
My son has 3 newer (1 year or less) trucks. he has a rustler brushless, a brushed Stampede, and a brushed Slash. The Rustler came with Traxxas new TQI controller with Bluetooth. Am I correct in thinking I can set up the one transmitter for all 3 trucks? If so, will he be able to use the original transmitter that came with the truck too? He has friends over and they bash together.
He also has a Dromida SC.4.18bl so will I be able to pair it with the TQI without changing receivers or would I need to put in a Traxxas receiver?
The vehicles were all gifts as rewards for his beating Leukemia. Finding his love for all things RC definitely helped him get through the rough times. because of this I have become a newb pit crew for team #CAMSTRONG that's what he calls his vehicles. LOL. He has a Grasshopper too but shes just a shelf queen.
Thanks in advance.
Old 03-06-2018, 02:21 PM
RustyUs

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You will need a Traxxas receiver in the Dromida SC to bind to Traxxas transmitter. You can bind as many receivers as you want to the transmitter.

https://traxxas.com/support/Traxxas-...tibility-Guide

Last edited by RustyUs; 03-06-2018 at 02:29 PM.
Old 03-07-2018, 01:54 AM
seedygreenute

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I think there is limit but its 20 or 30 . lots !
Old 03-07-2018, 07:45 AM
mattster1971

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by celticsun33 View Post
TOTAL NEWB bear with me.
My son has 3 newer (1 year or less) trucks. he has a rustler brushless, a brushed Stampede, and a brushed Slash. The Rustler came with Traxxas new TQI controller with Bluetooth. Am I correct in thinking I can set up the one transmitter for all 3 trucks? If so, will he be able to use the original transmitter that came with the truck too? He has friends over and they bash together.
He also has a Dromida SC.4.18bl so will I be able to pair it with the TQI without changing receivers or would I need to put in a Traxxas receiver?
The vehicles were all gifts as rewards for his beating Leukemia. Finding his love for all things RC definitely helped him get through the rough times. because of this I have become a newb pit crew for team #CAMSTRONG that's what he calls his vehicles. LOL. He has a Grasshopper too but shes just a shelf queen.
Thanks in advance.
So glad to hear that he beat the Leukemia. You would have to get a Traxxas receiver to pair it with that transmitter.
Old 03-07-2018, 06:49 PM
NYbandit33

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

If you have the TQi with Bluetooth then you should have TSM in the rustler. I'm not sure the budget available but I would get TSM receivers for all vehicles. You could then purchase the blue tooth module and install telemetry sensors in the vehicles if you choose. You would need a phone or tablet for that though.
Old 03-15-2018, 02:25 PM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by RustyUs View Post
You will need a Traxxas receiver in the Dromida SC to bind to Traxxas transmitter. edit..

https://traxxas.com/support/Traxxas-...tibility-Guide
Can't do that. The receiver in that car is part of the ESC. The Traxxas app only recognizes Traxxas cars, IIUC.