Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

What is the most popular for either getting started or someone serious?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

What is the most popular for either getting started or someone serious?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 11:31 AM
D8J

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the most popular for either getting started or someone serious?

I Used to be into buggy and truck racing (1/10 scale) and I've recently been looking at getting back into it. I was just wondering what are the most popular cars for both Buggy and Stadium Truck? Also any recommendations for starting tools and spare parts would be appreciated!
Old 03-23-2018, 01:31 PM
tntpooof

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dj go to your local tracks and then hobby stores .see whats at the track then at lhs.. then make a decision.. tools well you know what tools you need you said you where a racer so you know tools havent changed in 20 + years,.
Old 03-23-2018, 05:27 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree with TNTproof, u really need to check out ur local scene... i could list the common cars for my area,(South Australia) but ya can bet its going to be different where u live... basically there is no "the best" car... its all about keeping it running through the racing season, not winning so to start off id recommend something tough
Old 03-24-2018, 07:24 PM
bill_delong

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

What is your track surface?

I'm assuming you're referring to 1/10 off road racing... my area has a turf track and recently the 1/10 4WD Buggy class has been the most popular class, it's pretty much a toss up between Tekno and XRay being the top 2 most popular brands in our area with Tekno being a pinch more durable and XRay being a pinch more competitive.

The 2WD Buggy class has XRay being the most popular, but there are some competitive drivers running Yokomo, Schumacher and Associated... but for your average club racer, XRay is arguably the most durable and equally as competitive as the other brands.

We also have a Stadium Truck class and hands down, XRay is the best option from what I've seen locally.