RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Best budget tired rims for traxxas slash

Old 03-29-2018, 06:58 PM
Nick2618

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Best budget tired rims for traxxas slash

I been out of hobby for about 8 years so a lot has changed but I recently Picked up a used traxxas slash. Want to know of anyone can recommend good cheap rims and tires for both on and off road(can be 2 different sets)? I don't want to buy the cheapest and get stuck with crap that will wear out on the first use but also don't want to break the bank. For rims anything would work even the plain white ones. Thanks for any suggestions
Old 03-30-2018, 03:17 AM
RustyUs

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Warning: Sarcasim

According to the www, you should be able to get pretty much any Traxxas part down at your local deli shop cheaply .

Seriously though, use whatever wheel you want. Spend the money for some Pro-Line Badlands tires, for the rears of your of your Slash, to do your off-road running. Pick out another medium compound set of tires for the front...probably will last for over a year if you stay off the tarmac . Grab another seperate set of street tires dedicated for on-road use.
Old 03-30-2018, 09:08 AM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by RustyUs View Post
Warning: Sarcasim

According to the www, you should be able to get pretty much any Traxxas part down at your local deli shop cheaply .

Seriously though, use whatever wheel you want. Spend the money for some Pro-Line Badlands tires, for the rears of your of your Slash, to do your off-road running. Pick out another medium compound set of tires for the front...probably will last for over a year if you stay off the tarmac . Grab another seperate set of street tires dedicated for on-road use.
For the love of all things holy, turn on spell check! Lol

To OP, look at Dynamite SC wheel/tire combo. A full set of shoes would only set you back $30 or so. They're not great for racing, but for bashing, they cannot be beat.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/SearchD...ain=&pageView=
Old 03-30-2018, 09:16 AM
Nick2618

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by collector1231 View Post
For the love of all things holy, turn on spell check! Lol

To OP, look at Dynamite SC wheel/tire combo. A full set of shoes would only set you back $30 or so. They're not great for racing, but for bashing, they cannot be beat.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/SearchD...ain=&pageView=
Thanks for input the Dynamite look good and a good price. Is Horizon Hobby one of the top sites now to buy stuff now? I went back to Tower Hobbies and feel like the site is from the 90's and they do not carry Traxxas stuff any more...
Old 03-30-2018, 02:04 PM
seedygreenute

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

If you dont already know , Slash 2wd has different rims front and rear .
Rear are the same as the 4wd version .
If ordering premounted , just make sure to check you are getting the right rim !