Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Brushless Motors & RC Cars/Tanks/Drones

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Brushless Motors & RC Cars/Tanks/Drones

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 05:43 PM
Appletatoes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Brushless Motors & RC Cars/Tanks/Drones

Hello,

I'm currently in the process of trying to make my own RC tank/car/drone. I have a 3D printer and would like to do all my own designing and printing of the parts minus the electronics for it. I would like to know how to connect and use various remote controlled systems so I would really just want to know how to setup a brushless motor, what connectors and any hardware I would need and a good remote controller that has a very good range and ability to be used in different scnarios such as being used for a tracked rc, 4 wheel rc or drone.

Here is a link to some nice brushless motors but I'm sure there are just as good ones out there on other sites:

www . rcsunnysky . com

Could anyone please help me setup something that will allow me to get into this? Provide me with some useful tutorials. I mainly need to know what electronics to buy, what controller to get and how it all connects to each other. I can then design my rc cores around that.

Thank you!
Appletatoes
Old 05-20-2018, 06:14 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi!
I think there is a drone forum here somewhere. I'd suggest posting this there. See, most RC cars only use one speed control and one motor. Drones use four of each, and they must all be connected to a flight controller that coordinates the action of all four to enable controlled flight. Google "building your own drone from scratch" .
Cheers!
Old 05-21-2018, 12:28 PM
Appletatoes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay thank you!