Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Shut Off Switches

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 03:49 AM
HueyHauler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shut Off Switches

I want to mount an external shut off switch. My EVX 2 doesn't come with one. You have to pull the body off & push the EVX 2 button to do so. If an emergency arises your screwed for a few seconds. My Tekin & Red Cat have them.
I'm running an Airtronics MX4 with their RX. I didn't read anything in the manual about this.
Can someone help me out or is it that I can't ??

Thank you,
Old 05-22-2018, 06:38 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I take it that this is a boat? And the on/off switch is on the ESC? If that is the case, I don't see how you can add an external switch. #1 there's no way to wire another switch to it, and #2 it would be challenging to mount a switch externally so that it doesn't compromise the water proof-ness of the hull or the switch. But mainly #1.
Old 05-23-2018, 05:26 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

I think there are two versions of the ESC. In any case, they were probably considered "high tech" with one button EZ on/off/setup back in the day, considering they were/are for running dual brushed motors, and dual battery packs. A truck body will usually flex enough to let you slip your hand up and into the chassis to reach the button. Otherwise, and just a thought, possibly wire toggle switch in between batteries and ESC. I don't know of any that might handle current load at the moment.

Last edited by RustyUs; 05-23-2018 at 05:32 PM.
Old 05-24-2018, 07:25 AM
tntpooof

huey can not be done with that esc.. no manual switch will handle the load inbetween esc and battery.. might use some zip ties on battery plug area and esc plug the let you get to it quicker. not many options can be done with this es . its not a boat either is it.?
Old 05-25-2018, 01:44 PM
HueyHauler

No Sir, It's a Clodbuster.