Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Question about Lesu axles

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 02:44 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Question about Lesu axles

I'm looking into upgrade paths for my CA-10, regarding axles in particular. IT's already blown out one ring gear and I have a feeling the stock replacement I put in isn't gonna last all that long before this brushless setup shears its teeth off too. The rear axle is pretty much dimensionally identical to the axles under Tamiya trucks and such, insofar as mounting, width, hexes, etc, so I figured I'd grab a Lesu axle for it at some point. Literally a bolt-in change, hell I could buy an OEM axle for a Tamiya semi and drop it right in too if I wanted to.

Now, finding a proper drive axle with an open diff(IE a straight upgrade, no new functionality just stronger parts) is no big deal. Semijoe's Truck Shop on eBay has them for 65 bucks, and if push comes to shove I could get one here within three days. I've done plenty of research and come to the conclusion that I'll break the glue bonds holding the tires to the wheels before I break a Lesu axle. But I want a cable-locking one instead, as being able to lock the axle will drastically improve cross-country performance of the truck yet being able to unlock it lets me retain the turning radius I get with an open, and I can not find one that's for a rear-most axle(IE only one driveshaft connection) to save my life. Not from a US-based seller, anyway, and I'm not keen on taking a bath on international shipping/currency conversion if I can avoid it. There's plenty of middle drive axles on eBay, but as this truck is only a two axle truck in the first place, that's not the one I want to put in it.

Anyone know where I can get my hands on one of these axles without bankrupting myself?

Last edited by 378; 06-14-2018 at 02:46 PM.