RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Beginner builder needing help picking out parts for broken RC

Old 06-26-2018, 01:12 PM
Staggered

Question Beginner builder needing help picking out parts for broken RC

Hello all! First time posting.
I acquired a used 4WD R/C from a friend of a friend who said it had been run over. Ive dabbled with RTR cars but this is my first experience with a built one.
As far as I can tell, the specs are
Futuba FP-R112JE receiver / Futuba Magnum Sport T2PC transmitter
NOVAK Explorer Sport ESC
Trinity Chameleon 19 turn motor (Could be wrong, it says Chameleon with the P.N. 2123)
Some of the connectors coming from the ESC are broken that connect to the receiver, but as far as I can see (I dont have a battery atm to test it) the receiver seems undamaged. The shaft for the belts is broken as well.
Im just not sure what my next step should be, and any help would be greatly appreciated.
Unfortunately I cant post images but I think I can PM anyone a link to the photos on Imgur. Please let me know if you are interested.
Thanks everyone!
Old 07-01-2018, 06:59 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Rebuilding a car that's been run over? Whoo 😰! What else is broken? How's the chassis and other bracing? Any metal parts bent? From there, I'd try to find and download the car's owner manual and parts list/exploded view. Figure out what's broken or worn and start replacing parts. The broken connector on the ESC can be fixed by installing a new one.
Old 08-07-2018, 07:12 PM
mark20

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

its been 2 months, any update?
Old 08-09-2018, 01:15 PM
Staggered

Unfortunately life has dragged me away from being able to focus on this hobby. But I can assure you once I get back to a comfortable place with getting a job, Ill be back around to try and get this beast running again!