Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

What happened to ARMMA

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 02:32 AM
tazzzz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What happened to ARMMA

They said that the kraton is not for sale on TOWER,,,what happened,,they say they no longer sell it any longer? Had it on my wish list and took it off saying they no longer have this item,,,,what the heck is going on?
Old 07-31-2018, 06:51 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't know what's going on with Tower and Arrma, but A-Main Hobbies has them.
Old 07-31-2018, 06:22 PM
suburban_hooligan

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

Arrma was owned by Hobbico. Hobbico went bankrupt and was bought out by Horizon. to do a patent lawsuit from the patent trolls in Texas some of the Arrma models or versions of models were discontinued. im sure distribution was briefly disrupted. according to the Arrma website the Kraton BLX is still available
Old 08-01-2018, 12:44 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by tazzzz
They said that the kraton is not for sale on TOWER,,,what happened,,they say they no longer sell it any longer? Had it on my wish list and took it off saying they no longer have this item,,,,what the heck is going on?
I got a lot of emails also, from Tower Hobbies, about items in my wishlist being no longer carried. It threw me into parts finding frenzy for a few days for no reason. I found the parts elsewhere. I'm almost to the point of being disgusted with Horizon's ownership of Tower Hobbies, and Omni Models. Every order of mine had something wrong with it..in one shape or form.

I just looked; Kratons are being sold on Tower Hobbies and in stock...https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXECKVLR&P=SM
Old 08-01-2018, 02:54 PM
mark20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they went under because traxxas sued hobbico for patent reasons ( i believe it was for the suspension system design, "supposedly" it copied the e-revo's). there not gone but there not as big as they were ether.
Old 08-01-2018, 04:18 PM
suburban_hooligan

on a wish list deleted note. all the Dromida stuff on my list has now been deleted. just typed Dromida into search on tower and its all gone.
which has me F'ing PISSED. i have 3 Dromida's (DB, DT, MT) and love them. and now im wondering about support...

i guess that means add 3 more cars from my collection to the list of discontinued/not supported. waste of freaking money, i hate this industry
Old 08-01-2018, 07:03 PM
mark20

Smile

Originally Posted by suburban_hooligan
on a wish list deleted note. all the Dromida stuff on my list has now been deleted. just typed Dromida into search on tower and its all gone.
which has me F'ing PISSED. i have 3 Dromida's (DB, DT, MT) and love them. and now im wondering about support...

i guess that means add 3 more cars from my collection to the list of discontinued/not supported. waste of freaking money, i hate this industry
damn, well i have a sc4:18 and its the most #$%est car i have. i replaced the motor and the 2in1 esc at least 3 times. at least you had better luck than me.

Last edited by mark20; 08-01-2018 at 07:09 PM.
Old 08-02-2018, 03:52 PM
suburban_hooligan

i converted 2 of them to brushless and the other i have had issues with the 2in1 unit. iv had to replace it once. iv only had one other issue (on the DB) and its the way the front bumper/skid plate is made. it breaks easy and the skid plate breaks out of the bumper and then the bumper offers no structural support. so i modified the bumper and made a custom skid plate. i also added front body posts to help stiffen things up even further. problem solved.
aside from the motor running really hot on the brushed truck (MT) even with a heat sink, i have no complaints.
Old 08-07-2018, 07:16 PM
mark20

Originally Posted by suburban_hooligan
i converted 2 of them to brushless and the other i have had issues with the 2in1 unit. iv had to replace it once. iv only had one other issue (on the DB) and its the way the front bumper/skid plate is made. it breaks easy and the skid plate breaks out of the bumper and then the bumper offers no structural support. so i modified the bumper and made a custom skid plate. i also added front body posts to help stiffen things up even further. problem solved.
aside from the motor running really hot on the brushed truck (MT) even with a heat sink, i have no complaints.
yea mines in parts right now.